Thursday, November 26, 2009

happy thanksgiving

Happy turkey day,

According to the most recent data I'm the 43,497,897 richest person in the world. That puts me in the TOP 0.72% richest people in the world! On the most superficial level I'm thankful for my income, food and shelter. Hard to believe 99.28% of the people on Earth are less affluent than me. No complaints from me.

The 4 Webbs are blessed in so many ways it is impossible to even begin to list. The importance of family and cherishing time (in person, on skype, through email, or by phone) is increasing every year. I'm certain it has to do with maturing and having kids of my own, but hind site is always 20/20 so I'll let you know when I figure it out for sure.

The last few days with Megan and her daughter Isabella were jam-packed with adventures and excitement. The 4 Webbs and Kendra's parents wore them out having fun together. As I promised in the last blog post, I did get a picture of Megan and Isa from her camera, but then I experienced severe technical difficulty so now I have no picture of them. My backup external hard drive crashed a week ago. Then my main data drive crashed 2 days ago. How about that for timing? 10 years of categorized, personalized music, movies, documents, and pictures went POOF!

Luckily I copied my full collection of 14,000+ pictures to my backup backup drive. How's that for showing the importance I place on pictures. Not that my pictures are artistic or well designed, but they are the best I can do to capture the moments as they fly by. I can reform my music collection, but the digital pictures and videos are irreplaceable.

Anyway, we know Layla is growing because the princess outfit in her closet finally fits! What a pretty girl! It's almost as if she is posing for a professional photo shoot: "ok, tilt your head just a liiiittle bit more to the right... perfect!"


I can tell by the happy expression on her face that she is perfectly content to fill the princess role in the 4 Webb's house.


Easton had another gravitational discovery at the zoo the other day. The discovery of the sidewalk against his nose left a few reminders in the form of scrapes. He tripped as he walked and that kind of thing happens occasionally when one is learning to walk. He has a plastic phone in his hand and he pretends to talk to Oma on the phone even though she is in the living room!


Each morning when I get him from his crib, the first words out his mouth are in the form of a question: "Oma coming?" I respond with, "Yes! Oma IS coming to get you." It feels good to grant him the desire to be with Oma instead of apologizing when she is in California and unable to greet him in the morning.

Easton is enamored by anything with wheels. I searched Craigslist and found a battery powered Thomas the Train set last week. Opa helped put it together and Easton loves to turn it on and watch the train go around the track. Today he finally learned to control his desire to pull the train off the track every time it goes around.


I have a boatload of other adventures to share, but after the long day and excellent smorgasbord we experienced, I'm too tired to even stay up tonight and blog about them. The great part is that there are 3 more days left in this weekend.

Hooray for holidays!

No comments: