Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Soccer Mom

Hello friends and family

It's been another day in paradise for the 4 Webbs. Other than Kendra and her mom missing each other badly. Some days are more difficult than others and according to Oma, she cries every day at least a little because of the deep desire to spend time with the 4 Webbs. No matter how cool Skype is, it doesn't even come close to face to face. Easton tried to give Opa a bite of his dinner and at least they can "pretend" to share a meal virtually. :) The experiences in Missouri with my family seem to have fanned the flame of desire Kendra has to live close to family. We had such an excellent time.

Other than the difficulty of dealing with living in a city without a single family member around we are doing great!

We are in the 4th week of hosting and leading our Truth Project life group. I am constantly thinking about and reviewing the previous week's lessons. The concept of, "what is evil and why does it exist?" is particularly interesting to me because everyone has an opinion about it, but not many have a real grasp of what it really means.

Usually a "Soccer Mom" refers to a middle-class suburban woman who spends a significant amount of her time transporting her school-age children to their sporting events or other activities. However, in the 4 Webb's house, it refers to mommy as the soccer star who plays two nights per week in Co-ed leagues. Last night I loaded up Hotdog and Sweetpea so we could follow mommy to the soccer field. You can't have adventures unless you go adventuring! Here is a rare picture of the three most important people on the planet according to me.


Once they stop wearing diapers she won't be able to hold them up by their crotch, but for now it works best.

Have you ever really, truthfully answered the question, "who am I willing to die for?" You may be surprised at your own response if you dig deep enough. For me the answer was, "no one" through my entire life even after the first few years of marriage. That may be a shock to some people, but I'm just being open as always. It took 3-4 years of being married to Kendra before I could say without a doubt I would die for her. Now the list has grown from one person to three. Words are easy and meaningless, but I promise I wouldn't think twice about giving my life for Kendra, Easton, or Layla. Now all of those nature shows on the discovery channel where the parent defends their family to the death are starting to make a lot more sense.

That's pretty heavy content for what I thought would be a standard happy post. You never know where my thoughts are going to wander.

Back to the soccer field... We arrived very early so we had the entire field to ourselves. Layla ran up the sidewalk towards the field leaving mommy and Easton behind.


You can see them in the background as Layla swooshes by me at lightening speed. I'm luck I caught her on camera at all because she is so fast. Easton loves to take his time strolling along. He stops to smell the roses (literally) and wants to touch every object along the way.

Kendra thought it would be fun to bring a ball for each of them and the first lesson of soccer is: Use only your feet.


OK, that didn't go over so well... The next lesson is to stay on the field.


Strike two. Easton would rather walk up and down the little hill next to the field repeatedly. The third lesson is to kick the ball into the goal.


We have a winner! Both Easton and Layla were able to kick the ball into the goal. Easton was more interested in playing goalie as he repeatedly threw the ball OUT of the goal and Layla was more interested in scoring goals. Go team Webb!

Time for bed. Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: