Thursday, October 29, 2009

Echo and Parrot

Hello friends and family,

The wind here in AZ is blowing dust like you can't imagine and it just so happens that I'm allergic to dust... kind'a seems like bad planning for a guy who is allergic to dust to move to the desert, huh? But then you have to understand I'm also allergic to mold so that eliminates rainy places. I'm allergic to grass and pollen so that eliminates areas with foliage. I'm also allergic to certain trees and animals so that eliminates tropical and wilderness areas.

The only place my allergies would not be a factor is... Alaska. and only during the winter. So there you have it! I'm in AZ and have to endure the occasional runny nose due to dust blowing around the valley.

Luckily I have Easton and Layla to copy me every time I sneeze, "aaaahhhh, ahhHHH, CHOO!" and they repeat just like an echo or a parrot. Maybe that is what I should call them. No longer shall they be known as Easton and Layla! I will call them: Echo and Parrot. They repeat almost every word we say with great articulation and the frequency is getting to be more consistent!

Kendra took Echo and Parrot to the zoo today in celebration of the 4 Webb's purchase of annual passes for the zoo. Kendra can take 1 friend + 4 children so feel free to contact her if you'd like to go along for the fun sometime. The annual fee was so expensive I thought it included the option to occasionally leave our twins in the zoo overnight with the real monkeys.

Here you can see Layla, Echo, Parrot, and at the top is a camel:


Kendra's friend April has a daughter named Layla also, for those of you who may be confused by the names... Kendra took turns cycling the three kids through the two seat stroller. I could have added one more word starting with the letter "T", but I think the alliteration humor only goes so far. Anyway, you can see the animals were out in full-force. As you can see, the puppy leash is still a useful tool when corralling youngsters. The zoo trip was well worth Kendra's effort and I'm glad she was able to enjoy spending time with her friend, April. Too bad I was stuck at work!

Easton, I mean Echo, is a smiley boy and it warms my heart to see him blissfully enjoying the zoo animals.


I like the way Kendra's hair looks in that picture. I'm also a big fan of Kendra's painted finger nails. Not sure why, but I've always been partial to her well manicured nails... They don't even have to be 3 inches long and fake. Just seeing color on them adds that extra touch of class to Kendra's natural beauty.

You may not be able to tell from the next picture of Layla, I mean Parrot, but she is jumping SO hard on the mattress that her body is up in the air.


She can easily be a gold medal olympian for those crazy people who jump 100 feet in the air on trampolines while doing flips and twirls. That girl can jump!

Yes, she still has her pacifier... We've cut it down to ONLY at night and during the afternoon nap so that is our current status. Next step will probably be to cut the end off the pacifier and tell Layla they are all "broken" so she loses the desire to suck on them.
Then we may as well tell her the tooth fairy, Easter bunny, and Santa Clause are all fake as well.

I'm off to squirt a half gallon of salt water up my nose to clean out the dust in hopes of a good night's sleep.

sniff, achoo... bye bye. See you soon.

No comments: