Friday, October 16, 2009

mornings

Every morning I look forward to opening the door to greet the twins. Easton tells me he heard the choo-choo train (M-F) then on the weekend he asks me why he didn't hear the choo-choo. He points to his ears and says, "Hear choo-choo!" The trains (plural) slowly chug by our house at 5:30, 6:00, and 6:30 with some regularity each morning. Not exactly a peaceful way to wake up, but it's also not the end of the world.

Layla on the other hand has earned another nickname based her wake-up activities. I call her Tigger (from the Winnie the Pooh adventures) because each morning she holds the railing of her crib with both hands and bounces vigorously up and down on her mattress. Not once or twice, but continually until I take her out of the crib. We should probably get her a mini-trampoline because, just like Tigger, she LOVES to bounce.

The most difficult part of my morning is leaving for work. They are all fired up from the trains and the prospect of eating breakfast. I wish I could stay around for the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show and watching as they dump cereal and milk all over the high chairs. Just look how cute they are!



There they sit in the "nook" between mommy and daddy's pillows smiling, hanging out in their pajamas and occasionally smothering me with hugs. The twins are starting to pose more when I ask them to stop and smile. Many pictures are during meals when they are in high chairs or bath time because it is the only scenario during the day when both of them are a captive audience. The rest of the time they wonder around the house independently.

The next big purchase for the twins is a play kitchen set. When Kendra takes them to visit friends who have kids, they love to play with the friend's kitchen. We are having a tough time finding anything useful on Craigslist and these things are outrageously expensive in the retail stores. yikes! Besides, I'm hoping they can start cooking their own meals in the real kitchen within the next few months... All I need to figure out is how to teach knife safety. OK, on second thought maybe that is a few YEARS away. I barely trust them with a spork right now.

One of the things I discovered about the iPhone is that without a flash and a decent quality of picture, posting a photo from my iphone to the blog is a little disappointing. Now I know why all of those pictures of UFOs and Big Foot are so blurry!

No comments: