Friday, July 18, 2014

It's Progress!

Greetings friends and family,

One week without Kendra and the twins is rough.  Ouma and Oupa are home safe and back to just the two of them for the first time in EIGHT WEEKS.  I'm considering writing a new post titled, "How to live with your in-laws for eight weeks." They are having a blast in Missouri, but I'm missing them as much as I'm missing the fun they are having. Back at the ranch, I've been working while laying in bed.  I was able to sit at my desk at work for a few hours these past two days, but the amount of time I can spend sitting is limited still because my back is healing.  Progress is slow, but still progress!  I spent a few of those precious sitting minutes playing around on my guitar and singing.  The songs I sing are 10 times slower than they were designed to be played because I have to look up the finger position of every chord.  I'm excited to get reacquainted with a guitar, progress is slow, but still progress!


Layla and Daphne are fawning over the newest member of our cousin clan, Beckham.  This type of encounter possibly kept their attention longer than any other entertainment.


Easton is fitting in well as one of the boys.  I'm always happy to see him around older boys who are well mannered, well behaved, and inclusive of my little guy.  Good grief, they look old.


I'll have to ask Easton when I see him what kind of games they were playing to get a piggy back ride from cousin Eli.  I know the twins went to a baseball game or two of his.  It's good to have a cousin to look up to.


Here are all of Nana and Papa's granddaughters except Lexi.  That's a lot of smiles with varying degrees of expression.  I see my princess is dressed appropriately as expected.  I want so badly to know the stories behind these pictures, but I get a smile from seeing theirs because it's the best I have for now.


Papa gave Easton the chance to drive Silas' gocart around the neighborhood.  From the report I heard he didn't crash and is looking forward to lesson number 2 tomorrow which will undoubtedly involve more speed.  Acceleration solves almost any problem, right?


Layla had her maiden voyage with driving lessons too.  Predictably she was a little more cautious than Easton, but I'm proud of her for trying!  Only 10 more years before her driving test so we gotta get started now.  Progress!


Nana holding Beckham and sharing the love with Layla.  Someday Layla will be able to say, "Beckham, I held you when you were still in diapers!"


I've been getting a regular diet of text messages with pictures over the past few days.  I can tell Kendra and the twins are cramming every possible moment with family time.  I'm grateful my family is open enough to put their lives on hold for them to be there.


Can't wait to see my family again soon.  There will be a lot of hugging going on!


No comments: