Sunday, June 22, 2014

Baseball Fans

Greetings friends and family,

The whole family took a trip to Oakland for a major league baseball adventure.  The only newbie for the trip is Layla.  Last year Oupa took Easton and I to an A's game so now it was Layla's turn to experience the magic.  Kendra bought us all hats to show our support.


Our seats were in the upper deck with a great view of the entire field.


Casey and Barbie joined us along with Aunt Susie and Aunt Judy.  We were happy to bundle up in jackets and blankets because it is a rare day in June for the 4 Webbs to be in such a cool place.


We kept feeding Easton and he kept eating more and more.  Just when I thought he couldn't possibly still be hungry he would pipe up with a request for more food.  I grabbed him by the hand and we went down to the concession area.  We waited in line where I put him on top of my shoulders so he could get a good view of the corn dog stand and the process they use to make them.


I ordered the monster size corn dog for him.  He devoured half of it, but finally said the magic words, "I'm full".  Are you sure? I questioned him.  "yes, i'm sure", He said.


Much of the game was spent sitting on Ouma and Oupa's lap.  They made it through 8 innings of the winning game.  I was happy the A's won because there is a very different atmosphere when a home team is smashing the ball over the fence and winning.    


This was the full baseball experience unlike anything they've ever seen.  I'm happy we were able to have this kind of fun with the extended family.

I'm in Phoenix taking advantage of being home alone.  I'm in my house with no wife and no kids.  It's lonely and I miss them, but there is a silver lining.  I get to go check on things in the house and I get this weird option of leaving the house at will.  I was sitting at my computer desk and noticed the time was late for lunch.  I thought, "I should go get something to eat?" so I stood up, walked to the garage, got in the car, and left.  Within 30 seconds of me deciding I want food I was on my way.  It was surreal because any other time it would require telling Kendra where I'm going, asking if she wants anything, seeing what the kids have planned for the next few hours, and on and on.

the other thing I enjoyed is Facetime with Kendra and the twins.  I'm happy they are old enough to hold the phone and hold a conversation with me at the same time.  Layla gave me this face when we were being silly together.


I can't wait to get back to Sacramento.  I miss Kendra and the kids way more than I'm enjoying being away from them.

See you soon.




No comments: