Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day Down Time

Greetings friends and family,

The three-day weekend was satisfying for all 4 Webbs.  We didn't spend much time together as a family because Kendra and I chose to give each other a break for time with friends.  Kendra hung out with her NYC friend visiting, I took a day trip to Sedona for mountain bike riding, and the twins had quality time with us individually.

Easton and Layla are so corny!

First time eating it straight from cob and they even learned how to shuck it!  They are 2% of the way towards becoming country farmer kids.  The other 98% of their make up is desert rat.  Here's a scene from Kendra's relaxing birthday afternoon watching the twin stay cool.

I put together a collage of Easton's pics just for fun.  He is very expressive and builds his reputation every day as a happy, big boy.

The weekend was jam packed with Easton and Layla quality time, but the best part of my vacation day from work is how I actually took a vacation.  David and I took a day trip up North to mountain bike ride.  Taking time to relax during the drive was awesome.  Sometimes I forget what it's like to just have an extended  conversation with a guy friend.  The three-hour heart pounding ride was incredible.  Perfect temperatures, no wind, and lots of scenery.

We did some serious trail riding for 11.4 miles of dirt and rock.  Felt like we accomplished something, but maybe we just burned off the hamburger calories?

I took the twins to the strawberry train park for one last trip to the playground before the summer hits.  Seems like there are lots of pictures where Easton and Layla are eating.  I know, but what you don't see is that they are rarely next to each other and still unless there is food involved.  Once the food is gone, it's off to the next adventures of playing and learning.

The height measuring scale at the train was useful to get a gauge for how close Easton and Layla are getting to the magic 42 inch mark for Disneyland.  Layla is close.

Easton is there already! He's been 1 inch taller than Layla since they were born and is still that way.

I'm proud of Easton for taking a more active role in leading.  Layla has such a strong personality that Easton doesn't have to step up, but he is voluntarily doing much better in this area.  They were climbing the slide together, but neither were able to reach the top.  Easton said, "I can do it!" and climbed ahead of Layla.  She gladly let him give it a try and sure enough he was able to conquer it.  I know the accomplishment isn't like winning the Nobel prize, but it's a step in the right direction and that's all I ask for at this age.

The sun was setting as we left the park and the train chugged by for one last trip of the day.   Their favorite part of the park trip was riding the train around while waving to all the neighbors.

Even through the summer we are continuing the consistency of bed time.  Every night at 8:00 PM we are both spent anyway and need the time together and chance to unwind.  They wake us up at 7:15 like clock work, but I'm happy with that.  There is no better way to start each day than with the sound of little feet coming into our bed room for morning cuddles.

See you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the continuing the blog &learn pics. I look forward to seeing it & check my phone often for it. Love ya gobs, mom