Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What's an interview?

Hello friends and family,

Normally posts here revolve around Easton and Layla because their lives are much more intriguing and entertaining than us as parents. This one is a bit different because we are facing our own challenges and decisions that overshadow our day to day fun.

Kendra's knee has kept her from virtually all activity for over 9 months and she is in constant pain. The doctors have no idea what is wrong and the MRI shows nothing definitive. Her next step is to visit the orthopedic surgeon. in a week or two. Since there is no solid root cause there is nothing specific to fix, which is both good and bad. Good because nothing is torn in her knee. Bad because we are still left wondering what in the world is wrong. Keep her in your prayers.

For me the big news is related to a job opportunity. A small company in Scottsdale wants to interview me and I'm really excited to see if the job materializes. I haven't had an official interview in 17 years! Every career move since my college days was either a promotion or informally offered based on other's observing my performance. My resume is not up to date and I don't even own a suit or tie. Luckily the interview tomorrow is on the phone so no suit is required... yet. Keep me in your prayers.

When I brought up the job possibility with Kendra she was very hesitant. Her security since the time we were married is built partially on the safety and flexibility and foundation of my current company. There are many fringe benefits and tons of comfortable feelings about staying where I am indefinitely. We'll be doing some serious soul searching to make the best choice for us. Risk is sometimes risky! That should be my slogan because it is one of the many filters through which I view the world.

I have plans to go to Vegas in April, Oregon in May, then all four of us travel to Oklahoma in June and Sacramento in July. All of that is up in the air if a job change actually happens. That's a BIG "if. I give it 50/50 odds, but only because there are so many unknowns. Hopefully some answers will come from tomorrows interview, but I have a feeling the number of questions will increase more than answers. I'm very excited about the interview and where it might lead.

Because of all the extra busyness over the past few days I have zero new pictures. Thought I'd take this opportunity to throw in a Way Back Whensday. Last year at this time the only twins Scott and Marisue played with were Easton and Layla. Now they have their own twins!


Also, Layla successfully used the potty.


Dear Lord... We've been potty training for a YEAR? Expectations are so important when it comes to parenting.

See you soon!

No comments: