Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Legend of Pink Foot

Hi friends and family,

Today I was able to get in several hours of quality time including the BBB routine (Bath, Books, Bed). The twins ask me to tell them a story every single night since they were coherent enough to ask. Usually I oblige and tonight was no different. I told them the story of Mary Poppins by condensing the movie down to 3 minutes and then adding in a large ridable dog for some strange reason.

Then Layla offered to tell a story on her own so I grabbed my camera and caught Layla's first story... The Legend of Pink Foot. She picked up the concept from a TV show I've never heard of until Easton told me about it.

Bubble Guppies Season 1, Ep. 11 "The Legend of Pinkfoot!"
Here is the unofficial Legend of Pink Foot as told by Layla:



She's got a real knack for dramatic interpretation.

I just started the next book in my queue called, "Raising a Modern Day Knight"


It answers the question, "How do you pass on Manhood to your son?" In a nutshell the answer is: A definition, a process, and ceremonies.

I'm far enough into the book to see it provides very clear instruction conceptually and practically for how to raise a modern day knight. However, I don't see much action I can take until Easton is 10 years old. Nothing wrong with preparing ahead of time though. :)

See you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someday when she's a teenager and she begins a whopper of a tale about why she missed curfew, you can nod and say, "Is this a PINKFOOT story??? Were there marshmallows involved??"
Love this girl!!! What a cutie!
--joanie

The Four Webbs said...

I absolutely will keep this video handy and be on the lookout for Pink Foot stories. I know they are coming... Her ability to tell truth and not-so-truthful stories will need to be guided so her gifts are used for good. :)