Friday, March 11, 2011

crocs and equality

Hi friends and family,

Taxes are in the mail so that's one more checkmark on my To Do list. One car fits in the garage and we are working on the other side one furniture piece at a time. Easton and Layla's rooms are done enough for photos. I'll post the before and after pictures to bask in the joy of our own home make-over. Kendra's daily web browsing includes several home improvement blogs, but I can't remember the name or niche they cover.

Layla has quiet time (don't dare call it a nap) in her big-girl bed in her own room. However, come night time both Easton and Layla are firmly set on sleeping in the same room. There's no real reason to force the issue so Layla still sleeps every night on the trundle in Easton's room. Someday she'll be ready to sleep at night in her own bed, but for now they are inseparable. The best friends are finally cooperating for pictures by looking at the camera. Even more impressive is their ability to focus for two seconds even while ducks are frantically chasing morsels of bread. Best friends!


Layla pulled a flower from the neighbor's bush and asked me to put it behind her ear. Then she picked another one and put it behind my ear. I have no shame when it comes to joining in the fun with Easton and Layla, but for pictures of me, I draw the line at the Buzz Lightyear costume.


Kendra is revamping Easton and Layla's wardrobe because they are growing out of clothes quickly. We bought Easton's crocs over a year ago and he finally grew into them. Layla never had a pair of her own except for the ones with the warm fuzzy inserts. There is clearly a shift to equality and fairness for the twins. Thus, Layla has her own special pink Crocs.


One of my favorite evening activities this time of year is going to the park. I love to run around screaming with them and play in the sand. I even take requests for the park location. Easton piped up saying, "Take us to the Weeee-bump park, pleaeeeeeease!?" So off we went.


I caught a close up of Layla skidding off the end of the slide into the sand. When I look at her in this picture I can't believe how much she is blossoming into beautiful little girl. It's almost not fair to call her a toddler anymore because she is 3 going on 12.


Time for the weekend to enjoy one-on-two time with the twins and give Kendra a break from the extra-long week.

See you soon!

No comments: