Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Finished Bedrooms

Hello friends and family,

Let me take this opportunity to showcase an unimaginable amount of work Kendra put into designing Easton and Layla's bedrooms. Keep in mind we are renting our current house so there is no point in us going crazy with paint and permanent decor. Kendra focused on the furniture pieces themselves and added a touch of her own style on a wall here and there.

Here is Easton's room with the trundle bed and storage locker for toys and games.


and on the opposite wall is his dresser and hutch.


We also have a nightstand that sits in the closet. All of those great looking pieces of furniture were sanded and painted by Kendra. Her DIY attitude hit some discouraging moments during the project, but she persevered and completed the job!

Layla's room was slightly easier because we bought the book shelf from Ikea and the bed is only the headboard for now. Kendra also refinished Uncle Dave's lamp so every time I see it I'm reminded on Dave. Anyway, the Pottery Barn bedding Kendra found really adds the joyful flare to match Layla's personality.


Layla's dresser and mirror was passed down from Kendra's grandparents so it's as close to a family heir loom as we have. The pictures and art on the wall add a nice touch.


I probably won't get invited to host a home improvement show because I don't know how to describe the rooms and do them justice. Thank God for pictures! I know Kendra is happy with the way the rooms turned out and that's enough for me.

The twins were out riding yesterday afternoon and I happen to catch them off guard. they almost look like a rough and tough motorcycle gang. There are many funny captions for this picture, but unfortunately I'm so tired tonight nothing is coming to mind. I could use a little help with this one.


The twins requested I take them AND their bikes to the neighborhood park. As always, I couldn't think of a reason not to so we loaded them up and drove 2 minutes to the park.

I took the bikes out and they rode about 50 yards to the playground equipment then dismounted to go play. Was it worth the hassle of loading the bikes in the trunk for that? Sure was. Especially when Easton started showing off for the neighbor boy. I'm not sure how the conversation went between them, but I imagine Easton said something like, "Dude! Check out my custom grips. Super soft for those long rides to the mailbox."


That is the first time I've seen Easton show off a toy or anything to another kid. And so it begins. :)

See you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Kendra! These are just adorable rooms. You have a talent!!! The furniture looks fabulous and the special touches are just right for the kiddos. Great job, Prov 31 wife!!---Joanie

The Four Webbs said...

Kendra says, "Thank you for the love and encouragement. It was lots of fun!.