Monday, August 31, 2009

Good try

This morning I woke up before the dual alarm clocks. Actually, we all woke up at about the same time because of the trains that chug by our neighborhood at o'dark 30 in the morning. Anyway, I rolled out of bed and into the babies room with my usual greeting and then I saw Layla.


Out loud I inquisitively said, "How in the world did you get your shirt down around your... oh never mind. Daddy will fix it." Then she tried to pull it up by herself invein. I felt so bad for her frustration and for the stretched out collar of her pajamas.


Such a funny way to start my day. She was obviously unhappy about the current condition of her shirt, but how do you explain that to an 18 month old? All I could say was, "Good try, peanut." Other than that, I was speechless.

Yesterday afternoon we took Easton and Layla's church clothes off before lunch and nap to avoid any spills. After lunch they were playing around and Easton grabbed Layla's dress. Then he tried to put it on (sigh, rolling eyes)...


He tried to pull it on over his head knowing he's seen Layla get the dress on and off that way.


All I could say was, "Good try, Monkey". Again, one of those speechless moments where I don't want to make a big deal about it, but I certainly don't want to encourage it!

I get the feeling there will be many, many more of these "what are they thinking?" moments. God give me the wisdom to know when not to talk because saying the truth in love means absolutely nothing to an 18 month old. Besides... they'll repeat whatever I say. I give you: Exhibit "A"



See you soon!

2 comments:

Kyla said...

Ebay for Mickey Mouse!

http://cgi.ebay.com/LARGE-MICKEY-MOUSE-STUFFED-TOY-DISNEY_W0QQitemZ200377384823QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea76c3f77&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Michaela

The Four Webbs said...

Hey Michaela,

Thanks for the reminder and I'll certainly check it out. eBay is usually the first thing that comes to mind because I hate to pay retail for anything! Looks like there are over 1,000 Mickey related items on eBay. I suppose as long as it is "new in box" then we won't get the plush toy with free slobber from a strange baby.