Tuesday, August 25, 2009

bloopers

Every so often I go back through the thousands of pictures we take and put a few bloopers out here. You have no idea how many "takes" we have to go through just to get one good picture.

Can you see the 100 lbs. crate of blueberries in the Costco shopping basket? Easton sure does. As soon as we get blueberries he will continually ask for some by name until we break open the package and appease his desire to eat some fresh ones. Meanwhile, Layla looks like a sad zombie as she munches on a crusty piece of bread.


I'm not sure if the look in Easton's eyes say, "Loverboy" or "Nunu zombie". He has his thumb in his mouth and Nunu in the other hand, so this is about as comforting as it gets for Easton. The only comfort missing is his monogrammed pillow and I'm sure if he had a third hand it would be holding the pillow.


As the 4 Webbs went shopping for baby clothes one day, Kendra found a furry hat with ear coverings. She placed on Easton's head and right in front of him was a full length mirror. He was giggling at how funny the hat looked on his head. I had my camera ready and just as I snapped the picture:


Layla happened... You can see her hand firmly gripping the hat. It was firmly attached to Easton's head and she jerked it sideways as she tried to pry it off his head. I missed this moment by .5 seconds, but caught another funny event as Layla pulled Easton to the ground.

This next one is from our trip to Sacramento. I didn't post it because neither Layla nor Easton is looking at the camera. However, you can get a glimpse of Easton and Layla's personality by their body language.


Easton is relaxed, hanging out with his arms and legs down. He's slumped forward just enjoying the ride. Layla has her hands STRAIGHT up! She grabs as high as possible on the chains almost like a circus trapeze artist waiting for dismount. She's tense and focused.

That does a really good job of visually showing how they are in their daily life. And Oma is beaming with happiness as she alternates keeping the twins swinging. That's pretty much the way she is all of the time too. So good job to all three for being true to form.

Dang! we missed Layla's fishface by 1 second... but I did catch a good one of Opa demonstrating for us.


Layla and Easton both have the ability to make really good fishfaces... When my camera is fast enough to capture them posing I'll post a picture of it.

We were just talking about Kendra's brother, Casey, tonight while watching the "Shaq Vs." TV show. I watch TV about once per month for 30 minutes and tonight we were flipping back and forth between an old episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and the Shaq Vs. show. Anyway, Casey is a lot like Shaq in his sense of humor and ability to put on a show when the spotlight is turned on him. Not sure why I didn't post this picture before with all of the "stuffy" serious ones.


I laugh every time I see this picture even though Kendra disapproves of the way she looks.

For a while I tried to get Easton to look at the camera by saying, "where is daddy?" That stopped working because he would immediately point at me. He would stop whatever cute or interesting thing he was doing and point at me, which defeated the purpose of getting his attention in the first place.


Easton is pointing at me as if to say, "I'm pointing at you! How can you not know where you are?" That's if for this round of bloopers!

By the way, I earned my next level of martial arts last week! Now I'm preparing to test for my black belt in a few months. I've been dedicated for the past 2.5 years and am almost convinced of my abilities. The original motivation I had for learning martial arts was based on my complete lack of confidence to defend myself and more importantly my family. Having never thrown a single punch or ever been in a fight in my entire life, I knew this was an area I was not well equipped.

When I was single, if I got beat up... oh well! that's just life. However, now I have a wife and two kids to protect and that changes the stakes tremendously. More than anything, I want to reach the level of skill and ability of those who earned a black belt. The belt itself means nothing and isn't the "goal". There is no magic wand that will be waved over my head where I will feel like "I have arrived". I've survived 34 years without ever needing to defend myself through physical force, but if the time ever comes when I must, then I'll at least know what to do.

As I've always said, wherever you spend your time and money shows what you are committed to.

No comments: