Wednesday, August 20, 2008

separation anxiety

Hi again friends and family!

I'm sitting in AZ without Kendra and the babies while they play and laugh and grow there in California... I'll only be here for 3 days, but it's a new feeling to be away from my family. It's kind of odd to be here in our house alone while they are away.

Anyway, things are going great for me and them based on the phone calls i've had with Kendra. I'll pick up in this blog where I left from the last one since I didn't finish my thoughts and posting around the excitement of the past weekend. While we were hanging out with the Burgess clan and cousins, we thought it would be funny to try and fit Landon in our bumbo. keep in mind that Landon is 7 weeks YOUNGER than our babies. He is so big the circulation to his monster legs would have been cut off if we left him there longer!


Here's Dustin's blog for their little guy in case you haven't seen it in previous posts and they've done a great job of blogging the adventures of child rearing.

After talking over various methods and practices and books it was great to hear some real life measures of how other babies are developing, sleeping, and eating. We drove from Jill's house over to Kendra's friend Megan's house for dinner and conversation. The plan was to put the babies to sleep at her house along with their little sweet baby, Isabella, and then we could watch the olympics and spend the evening chatting. However, as we've learned, when babies have another agenda ours changes right along with it. Easton and Layla were too excited about being in a strange, new place that they didn't sleep a wink. We all took care of the babies and held on as long as we could because it was so much fun to be with Megan and Santiago that we didn't want to go home. In the end Isabella napped here and there and I was able to capture a quick pic of one such moment. notice her cute, little hand sticking up from the burrito wrap she's in. And that is their dog, Sophie, who is a gentle Chihuahua. She sniffed our babies and if Easton could talk he would have said, "I want the doggie! I want the doggie!" Luckily he can't crawl or Sophie would have been in trouble.


Santiago grilled up a dinner worthy of his own reality show on food TV network! I learned a lot just by watching him cook and apparently I need a lot more tools because he was using things I didn't even recognize. :)

That evening before bed time Opa helped get things ready. While we were in between diaper changes, pajamas, feeding, and everything else that happens around 6:30 PM i caught this picture of Easton hanging on to Opa as he balanced himself.


i don't know if you can see the resemblance in the picture, but Easton's body type looks EXACTLY like Michael Phelps. Strong muscles, long torso, a look of determination, and big feet. OK, maybe Easton has a little higher body fat, but other than that he's got a great swimmer's body!

I know I already posted on picture of Easton with my hat on, but this was one of those rare occasions where multiple pictures turned out from a single event. His expression here just makes me laugh every time i see it.



OK, enough for tonight. Have a great week and call Kendra to cheer her up because she says she misses me.

No comments: