Wednesday, August 6, 2008

burp cloth reuse

Hello, hello,

All is well here in Cali and we're 4 days away from our 6th wedding anniversary! I can't believe this much time has gone by. For our 6th anniversary we're supposed to get candy or iron according to wikipedia. Who thought up this schedule of what to give on which years? I'm happy to accept any candy, but we have so much wrought iron decor in our house that anything more will change it from "quaint" to "torture dungeon like". By the way, I like white chocolate and of course I'm still accepting gifts of Calvin Klein knit boxer briefs in size small. :) I'm only kidding... Just continue to enjoy our blog to watch Easton and Layla grow up and I'll be a happy camper.

I'm not sure if other couples have the "burp cloth reuse" discussion, but Kendra and I have a fundamental difference regarding how long a burp cloth can be used. If it were up to me i'd use one burp cloth per feeding per baby. however, since I'm not the one doing laundry it's easy for me to think like that. Kendra, on the other hand, could use the same one over and over again for a week and that's just gross to me. She tends to switch out between a few used and reused (and reused again) burp cloths by finding the one that is driest or has the least amount of yak. Good grief... this makes me gag just writing about it! I'm having those repeated heaving reflexes like a cat does just before it coughs up a fur ball.

That reminds me... I had to take our cat, Kobe, into the vet when I was home last weekend. Kendra and I call his recurring condition "gooky eye" because we could care less what the technical terminology is. All we know is that he needs medical attention every time so I went by to see the kitty clinic. While I was there the vet made a special point to tell me my cat was fat. Apparently Kobe tips the scale at TWENTY-ONE pounds! holy cow, batman. That's even more than I suspected. The vet gave me a measuring cup, a bag of diet cat food, and instructions to scale back the daily amount of chow he sucks down. He said Kobe should weigh 12 pounds. uhhhhhmmmm... yeah, i guess being almost twice your ideal weight is a problem. I've been telling kendra he's just "big boned" for years so she was happy to have someone side with her on the outrageous size of our cat.

Anyway, on to more pleasant topics... Kendra went to Megan's house and hung out with her and their 6 week old baby, Isabella. As a preamble for this next picture, I'm sitting here singing the Sesame Street song that goes, "one of these things is not like the other, Can you tell which thing is not like the others".


I have yet to meet her in person, but she seems like a sweet baby from what Kendra tells me and the pictures I've seen. This is the first time I've ever said, "Wow... look how big our babies are!" Little Isabella already has more hair and a better tan than our twins. :) Just for reference of size, that white thing at the top of the picture is Megan's tiny chihuahua.

We've been using GG's kitchen sink for bath time lately, which is a big change from Kendra filling the bathtub and playing around with them for several minutes after they are clean. Now it's more like a factory assembly line with baby, wash, dry, diaper, pajamas, and straight to bed!

Here's little Layla:


and Here's Easton with his usual open mouth grin:

I can't wait to bring out these pics when they start dating. :) Oh, the fun we'll have as parents showing off our little babies in the sink!

Have a great day, see you tomorrow...

2 comments:

Dustin said...

Hey Guys,

We've found that when you really need a burp cloth (because the baby is projectile vomitting all over your shirt for work that you just spent 20 minutes picking out), you'll pretty much grab whatever is closest.

I agree that they can get disgusting and should be changed out frequently, but life with babies mean rolling with the punches.

Hope you're having a great trip and let us know if you think you want to get the babies together.

The Four Webbs said...

Hi Dustin,

yes, having anything cloth close by in an emergency situation is like hitting the jackpot. I like to have an official burp cloth handy before even picking up a baby, but for some reason that idea only pops into my head about half the time.

We're hoping to get together with your family while we're here, but unfortunately we don't have your phone number! I'll hunt down your info or you can catch me on email if you still have it.

see you soon.