Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Kendra's common sense

Good afternoon friends and family,

Anyone who has kids undoubtedly hopes the good genes get passed on and the bad ones are somehow filtered. That idea caused me to do a lot of evaluating of myself (and Kendra) because it's hard not to feel responsible for how they turn out. I know there is no magic formula to pass down only the good stuff, but it would be so much easier if there were one.

One of the most visibly opposite characteristics of Kendra and I is the area of common sense. She has a lot of it. Me? not so much... Hey, at least I know that about myself and admit it! Thought I'd share this lapse in common sense pictorially to show an example of something I would do that Kendra is smart enough to avoid:


Yes, that's a big raging fire pit and that's me jumping over it. Hey, I was dared to do it! It was for the honor of the Webb name. OK, it was just plain silly, but at least I ended up with a good picture of it, right? So what decides if Easton and/or Layla take after me or Kendra? There are so many aspects to a child's personality. One of the most amazing things about watching Easton and Layla is seeing their individuality and personality develop from absolutely nothing. Both of them are so unique... The way they laugh, what makes them laugh, how they respond to different noises and faces, all of their preferences in toys, food, and books. It's endless!

Tonight we went straight from my work over to Oma and Opa Burgess' for dinner. Since we've lived in AZ from the moment we were married, it felt good to drive over there and just hang out. That's what it would be like if we lived here in town...

Anyway, while we were there tonight I took a picture of Opa holding our sweet Layla. Then as we were sitting on the couch talking, Oma pulled out their box of old pictures and we found one of Kendra at 7 months. It sounds weird, but I took a picture of the picture because they don't have a scanner. It's not a great quality shot, but you can sure see the resemblance between the two of them:

Kendra at 7 months:


Layla at 6 months:


Not to leave out Monkers, here's a picture from over the weekend of Opa holding Easton in his cool cowboy hat. The twins are getting some wonderful quality time with Opa while he's on summer vacation and that means so much to Kendra and I.



Happy trails to you, have a good Wednesday.


No comments: