Friday, August 22, 2008

2 ring circus

Hi folks,

It's Friday night and the 4 Webbs are together again! I flew in this morning to reunite with the babies and Kendra. This picture is from the Morgan Hill wedding for her cousin a couple of weeks ago, but it shows how Kendra probably felt without me around for the last few days.



I also started my official vacation from work for the next 10 days (yea for me). My short trip home was fast paced and I'm seriously tired. Our two kitties were very happy to see me and they spent every minute of my home time purring and hoping for my attention.

I still never caught up blogging about the adventures from earlier this week. We took Monday evening to visit some more friends and family. After I finished work for the day we went straight over to the Cassani's mansion (ok, it's not a mansion, but still a gargantuan house) and were able to catch up with Jennifer, Jesse, and Brandon. The last time we saw them was on our wedding day 6 years ago! Jesse was our ring bearer and Kendra still has a special place in her heart for those two guys. We forgot our camera, but Brandon took a few pics so i'm hoping he'll send them to me in email. :)

After that we went down the street for dinner with our friends Craig and Angie. Coincidently, (speaking of members of our wedding party) Craig was one the groomsmen in my wedding and has been a good friend for a lot of years. They have two youngsters of their own so they were well prepared with swings, play mats, and seats for Easton and Layla to entertain them while we enjoyed conversation. Of all the friends I've had in Sacramento over the years, Craig is the one I've kept in contact with the most so it was fun to see him and his family.

While I was away Jenny and Neill (see previous posts on July 16) returned to California and spent an evening at GG's house with Kendra and the babies. Here's a picture of "Goma" (Jenny) along with her grandbabies, TJ and Aimee, as they played with Easton and Layla:



we've been singing the "peanut" song on a daily basis to the babies ever since Goma introduced it to us during our time together in AZ.

I know accomplishments and measures of success for someone's child is completely subjective, but Layla is now officially a rocker and we are very proud of her. :) It's not quite the same feeling as Michael Phelp's mother must have for her son to win 8 gold medals, but probably very close...




I was incredibly relieved and glad to be back together with Kendra and the twins. I just had to take a self portrait with lovely Layla when I realized we both had on green shirts and hazel eyes. It is odd to look into her eyes and see myself more all the time. One big noticeable difference between us is she took three naps and slept for 10 hours last night whereas I slept all of three hours last night before getting on the plane this morning.



and now... introducing... Opa Burgess and the talented balancing twins! First, here is Easton looking indifferent as he commonly does, but still performing the feat of balancing with ease.


and here's Layla clinching her muscles tightly to stay upright as Opa moves her around:





And here is Opa with Easton in one hand and Layla in the other while balancing BOTH babies at the same time! OK, just kidding... We'd never do anything that dangerous with our bundles of joy.

Our time here at GG's house is almost over and we'll be around through Monday morning when we take our trip to visit Robin and Gordon for a few days on the central coast as a detour on our way home. I'm really looking forward to those few days with them and can't wait to be on the beach as the 4 Webbs.

Catch you later!

2 comments:

Joe Cook said...

Hey Bronson, it's Joe Cook in Tulsa (originally Cushing). Anyway, I got your blog address from BJ via facebook. Looks like you are doing well. Congrats on the wife and family. Proud of you maan,

Joe Cook
www.hopechurchba.com

Anonymous said...

Bron,
Now that Daph is better, I've had time to look at all the pictures and catch up with you. The babies are growing up so nicely!! I agree...that's the longest hiney crack I've ever seen. I'll send you a picture of the smallest...Love the green and pink outfits--so cute. What toys and foods do the kids love most? Wondering what catches their attention most. How many teeth?
much love,
Boney