Monday, August 11, 2008

Easton's turn to laugh

Good evening folks,


We've captured many great videos showing Layla's happy personality, but Easton took more time to develop into the interactive boy he is today. This evening Oma was here along with her friend, June, who has her own grandma experience to draw from. She had Easton giggling like a comedy hour!




Having these two fun grandmas around Easton and Layla was entertaining for us to watch. Even after experiencing play time with the twins over the past few months I'm still amazed at how many hours a group of us can sit around and just watch the two of them play. You can see from the next picture exactly how huge the smiles were for everyone this evening:



After emailing with my aunt Sheri I was happy to hear she reads the blog and enjoys the pictures as well as my haphazard musing. :) She also mentioned my cousin, Trent, loves to see the videos so hopefully he gets a good laugh from this one with Easton. Here's an extremely old picture of Trent giving me a drink of something while my other cousin, Bud, talks on the fake telephone. I have lots of great memories with Trent from years of family gatherings and childhood of when we lived close by...


Kendra also had two of her best friends, Laura and Megan over to spend some time with her and the twins at GG's house. Easton was completely at ease with Laura and didn't have the "stranger danger" he sometimes gets when being held by an unfamiliar person.



Megan and Isabella were there also and I think having these friends and babies all together was exactly what Kendra was looking forward to here in California. This "hang out" time is one of the things she misses about living here so I am thrilled for her to have the time and availability to experience this. The past few pictures weren't "blog worthy" of Megan and Isabella because I wanted one that showed BOTH of their faces in the same photo. Luckily Kendra took a few shots and captured exactly what I was looking for. Here they are in their blogging debut:



There's also some good news and bad news... The bad news first: my sister's baby girl, Daphne, is back in the hospital as of Monday night because she's really sick and unable to keep nourishment down. This is the second time in a few weeks for her to be in the hospital. I'm not sure exactly what they have found, if anything, as the problem and I don't know what is being done such as IVs or medication. Please keep her in your prayers and thoughts though. I'm sure this is a stressful time for Daphne and her family...

The good news came in the form of a surprise meeting for me. As I ate lunch here at work in Cali, my very good friend of 10 years, Guillermo, walked by in the cafeteria during lunch! He's from Costa Rica and I'm from AZ and neither of us knew we were in California. Anyway, we went out to dinner last night and had an excellent time catching up joking around. I call him my "brother from another mother" because we have incredible similarities in hobbies, life, thoughts, etc.

Enough for now... I have to get some work done today so we can spend the evening with Kendra's grandparents across town!

No comments: