Monday, September 29, 2014

Our House

Greetings friends and family,

I've never had a headache.  ever. I can say that with confidence because today I had a real headache and it was like nothing I've ever experienced in my life.  I woke up this morning and felt a little off balance, but went to work anyway.  throughout the day I had blurred vision, inability to form a sentence, inability to read, sensitivity to light and sound, numbness in my right hand for a few minutes, and a strong desire to sleep the day away.  So I did. I'm almost all better now, but boy it sure sent my day into the toilet quickly.  It's been a long time since I gave up an entire day of productivity in exchange for laying in bed with the pillow over my head.

Wow.  I have a new found sympathy for those who suffer from headaches.  I can't imagine functioning in the world with that kind of nonsense going on in my head, but millions of people do it every day.  I salute you, head-achers.  

I don't get many pictures of Kendra, but I'm posting this one whether she likes it or not.  The 4 Webbs were invited to the 20th birthday for one of the young people from church.  There were about 50 of her friends and family who her mom invited to surprise her for the big dinner together.  At the end there was an opportunity to share about the birthday girl.  Kendra jumped in to give her words of encouragement and show some love.  She is great at making people feel special and always has been.  Now she's getting comfortable speaking in front of people and it makes me smile to see her stepping into more and more leadership.  Even in the small things like taking a risk to speak at a birthday party is still a step.  There is much more in store for her and I as we continue to increase and improve.


Each moth I read at least two books.  One of them this month is called Communication, sex, and money.  It's a practical teaching on exactly what the title indicates.  I posted this to facebook and had an acquaintance send me a message saying, "I wish i would have read this before i screwed up my marriage beyond repair."  I feel bad for the guy, but that's exactly why I'm reading in now instead of wishing I would have read it before trouble starts.  I'll never understand people who think they know it all and there is nothing new they can (or should) learn.  I don't know how my life will turn out because there are no promises or guarantees.  I get that.  But what I can be certain of is that I'll continue to read books and articles that provide valuable insight to grow and mature.


Here are a bunch of random pictures just for fun. I dropped off Easton and Layla at school one morning.  When I get there early I go up to the gates with them.  They introduce me to their friends, give me hugs and kisses, and hold my hand as we walk through the crowd of munchkins.  I know it won't last long, but I'm taking every opportunity to experience these wonderful moments.  I'm happy they are in different classes because at the end of the day they are excited to see each other


The 4 Webbs have a toaster.  It has 4 slots.  I realize there are 8 slice toasters, but we are pretty comfortable with 4.  We talked about "what if Mommy was pregnant" with the twins.  It was a fun conversation about how interesting life would be with a new baby around, but Kendra and I walked away content and relieved with exactly what we have.


Every morning when i sleep in the twins come to give me a hug goodbye.  They usually spend as much time hugging each other as they do hugging me during this goodbye ritual.


We went out for Sunday lunch by ourselves.  I looked across the table to see Kendra and the twins eating away and conversing.  They huddled together and let me take a picture of them.  It doesn't seem like a big deal, but it was one of those special moments for me.  I was looking at the three most important people in the world to me.  They are so used to me being there for them and with them that it is completely normal and taken for granted.  I am ok with this.  When I say, "I love you" to them and they respond with "I know..."  Then everything is right on track.


I don't think I ever did before and after pictures of our house.  We moved in almost 3 years ago (can't believe it's been that long) and it's been roughly the same since then.  Here's the picture of our den before we moved in


and here's the after.


Kendra and I are completely content with how the paint, flooring, and furnishings turned out.  The part of our house I am most proud of is not the floor or remodel or furniture.  It's the usefulness.  It is designed for parties, gatherings, fellowship, or whatever you call it.  We are using the house to the full potential by hosing everything from wedding showers to church meetings to going away parties.  The kitchen table seats 10.  We pack it full and overflowing into the great room at least once a month.


The great room in the front used to look like this:


and now it looks like this:


and here is another view of the room with our prayer board on the right wall.  We have lots of years to fill up the walls with decorations and art.



See you soon!

No comments: