Friday, April 25, 2014

Braids Abound

Greetings friends and family,

The 4 Webbs are having a weird experience right now.  The past 4 evenings were spent at home.  I know...  big whoopitee do, right?  Well, for Kendra and I to have this much free time to choose what to do or not do with this many evenings in a row is almost bizarre.  One evening Kendra and I went to bed at 8:30 and read books before we drifted off to sleep before 10:00.  It was magical.  I hope to repeat that wonderful experience more often over the next few weeks and months.  Easton asked one night, "are you and Mommy going to sleep now too?"  I was happy to respond with a big head nod and a firm, "yes! We are going right to bed very soon."  

Kendra and Layla are getting deep into the hair braiding stage.  At Layla's request, Kendra braided her hair in a style similar to the princesses in the Disney Frozen movie.  I was highly impressed and Layla was on cloud 9 showing everyone in sight.


The fun doesn't stop there though.  Now it's Layla's turn to braid Kendra's hair as often as she'll let her.


Easton received his report card and it looks like this:


while there are some areas to work on, I'm really proud of his scholastic aptitude.  I'm sure we'll have a happy graduation time and preparation for 1st grade over the summer.  Never stop learning!

Easton missed a day of school because of his fever.  He was perfectly fine after school, but then came into our bedroom crying and shaking and on fire with a high temperature at 3:00 AM.  We gave him a hot bath, he snuggled in our bed for about 30 minutes and then went back to bed.  The next morning he woke as cool as cucumber and back to his normal, happy self.

Kendra kept him home for one day to make sure he was not contagious.  I was at work, but from the picture and both of their responses they had a great time together.


The twins have a wall-art frame hanging by their rooms.  It contains a collection of all kinds of art and memorabilia.   Some from school and some from playing around the house.  Kendra made the art collector by inserting the cork board into the big frame.  Once the school year is over we'll clear the decks and start over fresh again.


We had costume dinner night.  As I filtered through Layla's dresses with her to select the perfect evening attire I came across this gem:  Easton's first space suit.


It is way too small for him to wear anymore, but I don't think I can part with it... ever.  If he decides tomorrow that space stuff is uninteresting and never talks about it again, I'll still have all these awesome memories in my head of seeing what passion and dreaming and imagination were meant to be.  I don't want him to live out my dreams, but I want to support him in reaching his own as long as he is interested in pursuing them.

Easton can't understand why Layla doesn't have a desire to learn and talk about space.  I said, "well, you don't share her enjoyment of princess stuff.  it's OK that you have your own passions and delights.  We celebrate that around our house!"

he agreed, but I could tell he is so enthralled with the universe that he can't imagine anyone, especially Layla, not loving it as much as he does.

I'm excited for a fun weekend coming up and spending time with Kendra and the twins.  Only two weeks left.  Only a couple of more weeks until Kendra leaves me with the twins so she can have some free time in Sacramento with her friends and family.  It is shaping up to be a monumental week for her and us too!

See you soon.


No comments: