Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Personality Showcase

Greetings friends and family,

Easton and Layla are glued to their scooters around the house.  I'm concerned they will forget how to walk because they ride their scooters everywhere.  The only good thing is that when we have to give out a bad consequence for a bad choice we put the scooter in time-out!



One thing you probably can't see in the scooter picture is the 8 foot long crack in the tile.  I runs from one wall all the way to the half-wall in our kitchen.  Tile guys say that we have a two year warranty so hopefully this will not cost us anything except time and clean-up from the dust all over our house.

In Layla's room before bed she chose the two bears pictured to snuggle with.  We were having way to much fun before bedtime when she should have been calming down.  She likes to wrestle occasionally and I'm happy to oblige.  She ends up doing a victory walk across my back like a champion.


I shaved my beard because...  I have no idea why.  Maybe just needed a change.  Anyway, a few days went by and Layla put her hands on my face to say something sweet.  After the compliment she said, "you gotta shave, Dad!"  I wondered back to the bathroom and mini-me, Easton, followed me.  I pulled out my electric razor and asked if he wanted to give it a try.  As you can see, he doesn't understand the concept of angle very well, but I give him an "A" for effort!


Kendra went to the library to fuel their love of reading.  The couch doubles as the book shelf until I can convince Kendra to put a real book shelf up in the living room.  Please?  I really, really want a bigger bookshelf that holds all my books.  Maybe I'll beg as it gets closer to my birthday and stock vesting time.  Anyway, I told Easton he can take any book to bed he wants so he'll have one to read in the morning.


He chose this:


Not superheros, not Dr. Seuss, not any fiction at all.  he chose the dictionary of the Earth.  He is utterly in love with science.  Kendra explained the concept of  a hypothesis and theory to the twins.  This provided a bit more structure to Easton's questions.  Every night when I tuck him into bed I sing twinkle, twinkle little star because he requests it.  Then, as I turn for the door I know what's coming.  He asks, "What would happen if we didn't have..." and then throw in some random thing like legs, rockets, lemons, chickens, or eyeballs.  Those are just a few that I can remember.  I go back to his bedside and we have a conversation about divergent thinking.  We talk through what else could be used instead of the thing he mentions.

The twins are becoming more fun and less work with each passing day.  I love this age and look forward to them turning five years old next week.

See you soon!

No comments: