Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Coming Back to Life

Greetings friends and family,

I know Easter was about Jesus coming back to life, but I was close to dead myself for 5 days.  Wayne came into town and my flu symptoms went away hours before he arrived.  Easton and Layla were thrilled to have him back again so soon because he plays really well with them.  He's always been the cool uncle even when I was Easton's age.

We introduced Wayne to the concept of a splash pad.  Apparently they don't have those in Tennessee?


All three of them were soaked!  The hot afternoon temps were no match for spraying water.  Wayne's involvement gave me a chance to sit on the bench, relax, and even take a few pictures of them playing together.  Unfortunately, Wayne doesn't have children of his own.  Even so, he has a heart of gold and a way with kids though.


Easton is maturing at an accelerated rate, which is extremely cool to witness.  He's looking and acting more like a young man.  I sure hope he gets Uncle Wayne's 6-foot + genes.


We took official Easter pictures and this is the best one that turned out for Wanye and I.  I'm not sure how many decades it's been since the two of us were in a picture together, but I made sure to get one this trip.  


The twins cooperated for a completely staged, but loving affection from Easton to Layla.


Kendra looked great in her dress, but I gave a wrong look somewhere during the morning so she changed into a more "modest" dress for church.  My two most important girls in the world:


and the favorite picture of the weekend for me was Uncle Wayne with Easton and Layla.  


Wayne and I spent most of the days and nights just relaxing and conversing.  I learned a lot about him as well as my own childhood.  We took a long drive up to the top of South Mountain.  The clouds obstructed the sunset until the very last few moments, but it was still a great view.


After laying in bed for days I was excited to go anywhere and do anything.  Having Wayne stop by for a few days again on his way back through town was a real blessing.


We hid about three dozen plastic eggs in our backyard and turned the twins loose to gather the candy-filled goodies.  Every time Easton found an egg he let out a shriek of excitement.  It became so frequent and consistent we started laughing every time he did it.


One of the things I remember most about Wayne's dad (my grandpa) was having fun throwing the frisbee back and forth.  Uncle Wayne kept the tradition alive by showing the twins the correct technique.  


Today was the first day in 13 days where we didn't have company in town.  I'm not complaining at all, it's just nice to get back to the 4 Webbs for a change now that everyone is gone.  We're enjoying the seasons of life as well as whoever happens to be a part of it with us.

See you soon!



No comments: