Friday, April 27, 2012

Big Boy Celebration

Greetings friends and family,

I'm extremely excited about the adventure we are about to undertake.  Easton and I are going desert camping with several other father / son friends.  This will be the first chance I have to start calling him out into manhood.  Rites of passage, tests of bravery, and new experiences will be the order of the day... and night.

We both woke up extra early today because of the anticipation.  We made the most of our morning by jointly cooking breakfast for Layla and Mommy.  4 Webbs and 4 toaster slots.  It's the perfect toaster for us! 


Easton asked for the Spiderman shirt and since it was $5 I bought it for him.  I explained that he must wait until the day we go camping because it will be his camp shirt.  Today is the big day, so Spiderman it is.  The Pilot is packed with all manner of camping supplies.  Most of which haven't been used in 5-10 years.  I tested the air matresses still hold air, but I didn't bother to put up the tent to make sure it is still in one piece.  Guess we'll see when we get there! 

Live-blogging the adventure would be nice, but we will be way out of cell phone range.  Kendra and Layla have their own special plans while the boys are away.  Easton and Layla made the connection during breakfast that tonight they will not sleep in the same house.  They hugged and sadly described how much they will miss each other.  Tonight is the first time they will not sleep under the same roof.  Easton will mention several times how much he misses Layla and I can understand why.

Happy trails!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! The look on his face and the spiderman shirt says it all. :) How excited he must be to go camping with his Dad! Love to all!
Ouma

Anonymous said...

Let me know how the camping went. Mis

Mom s u