Thursday, August 4, 2011

Bye Ouma, Hi Nana

Howdy friends and family,

We begrudgingly took Ouma to the airport for her noon flight home to Sacramento. She spent the past 7 weeks straight living with the 4 Webbs, God bless her. :) I'm certain she was looking forward to a rest after the marathon she just endured, but we miss her already. Easton and Layla told me so... several times.

Two hours later we were on our way to the airport to pick up my Mom who Easton and Layla refer to as Nana. She flew into town like a super hero to save the day since Kendra is still recovering and Ouma must return for work tomorrow. I was looking for an excuse to have my Mom visit anyway. Hooray! Mom is here! The temperature is blazes hot and we are hibernating inside for the next 2 months, but I know Mom didn't come for the outdoor adventures. Although we did get a swim in this evening so Easton and Layla could show Nana their amazing swimming skills.

Kendra's knee is doing well as she goes stir crazy from sitting idle with her knee elevated for 48 hours straight. Tomorrow the ankle-to-thigh wrap will be removed and we'll get a look at how things are progressing. It's swollen as expected, but we are believing the swelling will go down quickly for full recovery.

Even in Kendra's state she was Mommy-driven enough to do a "craft" today with the twins. The magic ingredients for fun were: yarn, pasta, and dye.


Just like that they created a colored necklace.


Er, I mean colored belt...


Layla strung a few too many pasta shells on the yarn. When I tied it around her neck she wiggled it down across her dress as a belt. Either way works. I give her extra points for ingenuity.

Easton asks at least once per day about his future career. I'm not kidding or exaggerating either. He says, "Dad, can I fly a jumbo jet when I get older?" or "Dad can I drive a garbage truck when I get older?" or drive a tractor or race car or train. the common theme between everything Easton comes up with is driving. He also asked to be a volcanologist (someone who studies volcanoes), but that's an outsider. Every time he asks about his future we have a long discussion where I convince him he can do anything he wants. I expect this confidence building will sink in at some point and he'll really believe it. Until then I just keep on building him up and supporting whatever it is he wants to do.

Layla brought out her rock star guitar this afternoon and asked if she could teach little girls how to play guitar. She also asked if she could teach ballet to little girls. The common theme for her is teaching so far. I have the same "you can do anything" conversations with Layla at an increasing pace.

Tomorrow I will buy another camera. My Canon T3 DSLR is not cutting it. I love it and am very happy with the quality of the images. However, Kendra isn't comfortable with it and I hate lugging the entire backpack 'o stuff around. I'll get a tiny, pocket sized camera for Kendra to keep handy. That way I can get back to the normal cadence of blog posting with pictures and videos. :)

I hugged my Mom good-night tonight. That made my day. I'll never get so old that I don't need Mom.

See you soon!

No comments: