Sunday, August 14, 2011

BFFs

Hi friends and family,

I have another blog post in draft with many pictures and stories, but I'm saving that post for tomorrow. Today I want to spend a few minutes reflecting on friendship and do my best to express the emotions flowing around the 4 Webb's house lately.

A close friend is difficult to find and requires effort to build and maintain the relationship. My best friend in the world is Ryan. We haven't spent much time together over the past few years. Even so he always has been (since high school) and always will be the best, best friend I could ever ask for. My best friend who I spend time with is Jason. We get together at least weekly, live close, and get along extremely well. His wife April happens to be Kendra's best friend and they spend time together regularly.

We have Easton and Layla, they have Layla Ruth, who is roughly the same age as our twins. The close-knit family environment lead to Layla and Layla Ruth becoming close friends also. They didn't have a choice. :)

All of that setup is to say April and Jason are moving away soon to California. We are excited for them and the career opportunity, but deeply saddened by the distance and separation. The reality is setting in for Kendra and I. She cries daily and I do the typical man thing avoiding anything resembling emotion. We don't have many pictures of the adults, but I found enough of Layla and Layla Ruth to make a fun, little collage. Click on the picture to see the full sized image:


For Kendra and April just add 20-something years to the Laylas and you'd have the exact same picture collection.

There have been a few times in my life where things were so perfect I KNEW how blessed I was. During these times all I wanted was for nothing to change. The two most notable eras were when Uncle Dave and Aunt Mary lived across the street from us and the past couple of years with April and Jason.

Back when I had Taco Tuesday with Uncle Dave and hours each week hanging out together all I wanted was for nothing to change. Yes, I know that's foolish thinking because change is inevitable, I still wished for it. Then Dave passed away and life changed. Now with April and Jason moving and some other possible changes in the wind I'm back in the mode of hanging on to the roller coaster of life not knowing where things will go.

Letting go of people who bring happiness to your life is a very painful process. Whether a person passes away or moves out of state there is still an uncomfortable time of adjustment as normal life requires a bit of redefinition.

There's the "you are here" sign for the 4 Webbs today. Not exactly a happy, happy, joy, joy post, but all I ever promised with the blog is truth. Nothing more and nothing less. Don't give up on me after one downer post though. I have lots of great stories to share and adventures with twins coming in tomorrow's post.

See you soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are going through some of those same emotions right now, since the Silveys moved 2 weeks ago....I have known Alina since middle school (Guthrie/Edmond connection) and our kids have grown up together here in Spfld. It's just so hard to say good-bye to them. It leaves an enormous hole...So sorry for you. boo. It feels so yucky to be left behind.
--joanie
Maybe you should tag along?? :)

Anonymous said...

I cried just reading about them leaving so I can only imagine how all of the 4 Webbs must feel. I am so sorry but I know you will remain friends with them throughout your lives! I am praying for everyone, the Webbs and the Rosas'. Love to all! Oma

Anonymous said...

Hey, we have moved so much that I have learned to cherish the times with old friends, keep in touch, and anticipate the new friends that will inevitably come into our lives. I've cried a tear or two when we left churches and peoples-grieving its normal but hard. Jesus is forever my bestest friend, savior & redeemer. Love ya gobs, MOM

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are not making this any easier my friend. If I had a blog title for this relationship and era it would be "WWBD"- What Would Bronson Do? You have taught me a lot from using Mint to Angel Sweet and everything in between. We love the Webb's and don't be sad too long...we'll see you on the beach!
Jason Rosa

Anonymous said...

I got very emotional reading this post. We are so blessed to have you guys in our life and I look forward to many more wonderful memories together. Love Love Love Joanie's comment! 4 Webbs definitely need to tag along to LA with the 4 Rosas! ;)
-April

Scott & Marisue said...

I am NOT a fan of this move-to-CA business! I understand providing for your family is necessary. We'll pray that Jason does so well, he gets an offer to work for a major company back here in AZ. We love the Rosas and will cherish the moments we have left with them here in AZ.