Monday, August 8, 2011

Angels When They Sleep

Hola friends and family,

We are 2 weeks away from day one of Easton and Layla's schooling. We signed them up for two full days of pre-school classes per week. I'm excited for Kendra even more than the twins. She will have time to take care of what she has to do, wants to do, and should do, but doesn't want to. More on this major milestone as it approaches...

My Mom is only around 2 more days and I thought seriously about sabotaging the airline ticket purchase so she would have to stay another week. She's been a real blessing and help for the 4 Webbs. We are making the most of our time together, but I understand she needs to get back home.

Layla was put to bed in Easton's trundle just like normal. However, at some point she found her way over to the Cinderella tiara in the corner of the room. When I went to tuck them in before turning in for the night I found Layla sleeping peacefully with her tiara. Now that is a true princess for you.


On a different day during mid-day quiet time Easton played happily in his room before crashing. I checked on him and discovered he lined up every airplane in an orderly manner preparing for take-off. I'm fairly confident he will be a pilot some day.


Ben and Trinity finished up their fun-filled two-day visit at the Casa del quatro Webbs. I took the two sets of twins for a few hours to do the only possible outdoor entertainment: water. As we waited for the splash pad to cycle its water Trinity and Layla built a castle in the near-by sand box


Then when the water turned on Ben joined Easton and Layla for a soaking good time in the fountains.


Easton and Layla had such a fun time playing with Ben and Trinity. That was the first extended visit ever for them to have interactions with friends for multiple days. I hope we can do it again, but not TOO soon. I'm wore out.

Although not so worn that I can't participate in the nightly dip in the pool. I'm a shameless father especially in my own backyard where no one is looking. The goggles look ridiculous. I know, but don't care. It's easy to see the resemblance, yes?


The three of us have so much fun swimming that they only stop giggling long enough to take a breath and swim under water.


They can dive (belly flop) into the pool and then swim across to the other side. I'm both proud and comforted to know they would survive if they fell in a pool. Comfort as a parent is worth so much.

See you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so surprised at how well the twins could swim! It was fun to be able to get in the pool with them. They are such a joy. MOM