Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cow Parade and Funderland

Hello friends and family,

I've been working all week to save my vacation days for the upcoming trip to the coast. That means I miss out on all the day time fun. Kendra took the twins to Funderland Amusement Park in Sacramento. The twins courageously braved the roller coasters and were rewarded with a special face painting.

Layla's lady bug is complete with grass, flowers and blue sky. Too bad the hot day melted the art a little before they arrived home.


By the time I arrived home from work the paint smeared across her face. I was happy Kendra took pictures so I could see it well.


Easton requested a shark, which doesn't surprise me at all. I like the two little fish on his nose swimming away from the toothy sharks mouth.


Silly boy thinks he's funny by sticking his tongue out. When he does this it is hard to keep from laughing.


I wish there were pictures of the roller coaster rides, but my paranoia of Kendra managing the new camera and the twins without me was too much. I'll get over it... just takes time.


We joined in the local small-town fun with my friend Craig and his two kids at the parade and cattle drive. Here is Layla making friends (again) with his daughter Kayla.



It wasn't a July 4th parade because the purpose is to kick off the rodeo weekend. However, many wore red white and blue costumes and there were plenty of flags flying.


We were happy to have GG with us to celebrate. We're lucky to have such an active, fun Grandma for us and Great Grandma for the twins.


Each time a new set of parade participants passed by, Easton and Layla would vigorously wave their flag and smile. Many of the folks riding in the cars and carriages and on horses would intentionally wave and smile back because the twins were so happy and excited that they stood out in the crowd of people.


Ouma took advantage of the opportunity to cuddle with Brodie, her Niece Heather's son. If that meets Ouma's baby holding desires then I'm happy with that because Kendra and I have no plans for more kids. :)


The parade was short, the herd of cattle passed in about 60 seconds, and the entire experience took only an hour including traffic. My new camera did a great job capturing moments like this where Easton and Layla have bonding experiences with GG.


That makes the entire trip to NorCal worthwhile. As a bonus, the twins had their first experience driving battery powered quads on the street. Coming soon to a blog near you.

See you soon!

No comments: