Thursday, September 10, 2015

Best news ever

Greetings friends and family,

Kendra's short afternoon stay in the emergency room was a result of a urinsry tract infection and resulting fever.  A few antibiotics and a lot of rest is resulting in Kendra feeling better than at any time in the past six months.  

Kendra's support is going strong in spite of our lack of live-in help from our family and her friends who we grew used to having around during the first 4 months of this journey.  Stephanie is one the select few who have been s source of steady care and concern.  I am incredibly grateful for her and the other ladies in Kendra's life.  

My life is never dull and I can't even remember the last time I was bored.  So much is going on that I can only plan for one day ahead at most.  What doctor appointments do we have?  What homework is due? What friends are coming over?  What birthdays party are we attending?  In the midst of everything else I still find time for Layla's figure skating and Eastons Taekwondo.  He is training more like a blackbelt every day and seems to be enjoying every class.  I'm going to start learning his forms at home starting this weekend.  It's no secret I'm as excited for that as he is. 

Neill and Jenny are staying with us for 10 days. Every year when they are here I consider it to be an honor and a privilege to have them with us.  They share in meal preparation and clean up and every other aspect of being the best guests ever.  We love spending time with them just talking and sharing life together.   What a blessing.  Kendra invited some friends over to experience the two of them.  32 people fit in our great room to hear what they had to say and receive healing.   A number of people were healed of various ailments.  Digestion problems, breathing problems, back pain, and many other difficulties were prayed over and healed on the spot. It was amazing. 

The biggest news is about Kendra though. We met her oncologist to get the official PET scan results and prognosis and plan.  The doctor said her vertebrae is healing well. The tumor that was growing in it is completely dead!   The two tumors in her liver are completely gone.  There are no new tumors anywhere in her body. Two new tiny lesions on her hip showed up in the PET scan but they are so small and insignificant that the doctor is not even convinced they are cancerous.  Chemo is done and there are no plans to do it again.  This is the best possible report we could have asked for.  

Next week is the MRI to assess the hip spots.  October 1st will be the start of 40 days of pelvic radiation to make sure all cancer cells are gone including whatever they find on her hip.  This is her doctor and the assistant.  Their words were highly encouraging. 

Today I finally broke down and exhaled for the first time in six months.  Kendra's healing is real.  what I saw by faith six months ago in the hospital when the diagnosis was given is really happening.  

This journey is far from over but now we see in the natural what I've been believing for in the spirit.  It's exciting and at the same time humbling to be a part of such an amazing story.  This is not the way I would have scripted our life story had I been asked but we are more deeply connected to God and each other than we ever could have been without Kendra's journey. 

The twins have no concept of how low the lows have been or how high the highs have been in the past few months.  What they know is that Kendra was very sick but God is in the miracle working business and now she is walking it out one day at a time. 

See you soon

No comments: