Monday, October 31, 2011

No puppy

Greetings friends and family,

It is officially Monday October 31st, which means Halloween for everyone else in the country.  Not for the 4 Webbs!  It means much, much more.  Today is the day we get the keys and garage door opener to our new home.  It is the beginning of a boat-load of work and a new chapter in our lives.  Luckily the move is less than 1 mile away so nothing else is changing besides the residence.  Same school, same grocery store, same church, same In-N-Out burger.  Wait a minute...  all In-N-Out burgers taste the same so scratch that last one.   Anyway, I'm happy to have everything else in our lives be consistent through this transitional stage.

The day after Kendra and I returned home from our honeymoon I moved her to Arizona.  New home, new church, new work, new cleaners, new friends, new HUSBAND, every aspect of her life was turned upside down in a single day.  That caused an extraordinary amount of stress on her that I didn't consider at the time.  If only I had it to do over again.  Since I don't, all I can do is say, "Kendra please forgive me for making such drastic changes in such a short amount of time" and move on with life.

Some people have recommended we get a dog or asked why we don't have one.  To show my reason pictorially I give you exhibit "A":


Easton is tossing Bolt in a basket over his head.  Layla is swinging Nelly by the paws over her head.  Any questions?  I feel sorry for the poor, unfortunately pup who lands in our house.  I know they wouldn't treat a real dog like this, but I've seen them push otherwise docile dogs to the verge of growling.   Besides, we have more than enough excitement around our house without cleaning up messes of a dog.   We've talked about the possibility, but neither of us are excited about the required maintenance associated with owning a dog.  Maybe when they a bit older, but probably not even then.

They haven't asked why Ben and Trinity have a dog or why Riley and Jaden have a dog, but we don't.  Until then we'll keep the status quo.  Don't give them any ideas!  I'm talking to you, Ouma.  :)

See you soon!

No comments: