Friday, October 28, 2011

Suckers

Greetings friends and family,

The 4 Webbs are 3 days away from taking occupancy of the new Casa de Webb.  Prior to hearing the official move in date today I was not excited because the only difference in our daily life was the missing money in our savings account due to the whopping down payment.  Seeing a tiny number where there used to be security of a big number is not comforting.  Logically I know the house is ours and we'll eventually get there, but now I have a target date and I'm giddy like a school boy.  Were hoping to sleep the first night on Nov. 14th, but I'd hate for Ouma and Oupa to miss out on helping us move.  :)

We're kicking it into high gear with boxes and trash flying everywhere.  Each person entering our home MUST be read a disclaimer prior to entry otherwise Kendra is worried they might be put off by the clutter.   Easton and Layla are taking all of this in stride.  The rest of their lives are very structured and consistent.  School, church, library, bed time, and everything else are firmly in place during this time of transition.  They still fit in the rocking chairs very well so we'll certainly transfer them to  the new place.  The twins gnawed on their first tootsie-roll lollipops.


They experienced plain lollipops before, but I knew this would be entertaining.  As we played together then kept licking and licking and licking.  I waited patiently for one of them to reach the chewy surprise in the middle.  Easton got there first and his expression was priceless.  You'd have thought he won the state lottery based on his excitement level.  He proudly showed Layla the tootsie roll awesomeness.  She looked at her sucker and realized it contained the same chewy center.  She chomped into it with no intention of seeing how many licks it takes to get to the center.  Their enthusiasm made my week.

By the way, you might notice Layla has Oupa's calf muscles.  Trust me, she also inherited his strength as well.  Easton inherited my legs.  Sorry dude...  Nothing I can do about that!

Kendra braided Layla's hair in what I think is called a French Braid.  I remember when she was almost two years old and still hairless.  Back then I could visualize what it would be like to braid her long hair and now here we are!


Below we have the pre-concert picture of April, Kacey, and Kendra before they headed out to see Taylor Swift.  I'm glad Kendra shared the experience with April.  Kacey IS thirteen and the other two acted thirteen.  I call that a successful night out.


Layla and Layla Ruth were princess'd out by the end of the three days together.  The next time we are together my goal will be to get April and Kendra to duplicate a picture of the two Layla's.  I'm talking about getting matching outfits and duplicating the setting and facial expressions.


I can't figure out exactly what is so special about this next picture of Layla with the Ariel doll, but I really like it.  Could be because she looks so mature even in a tutu.  She looks forward to her Tuesday dance class all week long.  Daily she asks Kendra and I to sit on the couch as she flutters around to the classical music.  She's got mad dance skillz.


The past three days were some of the most fulfilling in recent memory.  I put together a team to support the church conference and we had a blast doing it.  These two guys were outstanding partners in serving. I trust them with my life and money can't buy that kind of bond.


One of the many fringe benefits was the freedom to "sample" the food throughout the day.  Nothing like a BBQ dinner at 11:30 PM!


Even though the conference was immensely satisfying I'm glad it is over.  The long days made it tough to spend much time with Kendra and the twins.  I'm looking forward to the weekend because even though we'll be packing and running around like crazy at least the 4 Webbs will be together!

See you soon.

No comments: