Friday, February 18, 2011

Ready for the party

Happy Friday, friends and family.

This'll be a shorter post than normal because if I stay here too long Kendra will say, "did you finish all of the chores and cleaning you need to do?" My answer will be, "no" prompting a motivational comment or two before I get to work on what needs to be done.

Ouma and Oupa are flying into town tonight for a week! (yeah) Easton and Layla's birthday party is tomorrow and you'd be surprised at the amount of effort going into the preparation for the occasion.

The furniture is finally completely refinished. Talk about a marathon... We have the replacement rails on order for the drawers, but other than that we done with the DIY project of the century. Even though the furniture turned out great, I pray this is the last project do for a long time.

Layla's artistic skills are coming along well. Here is her first attempt at a self portrait. I only call it that because when I asked her who it is she said, "it's me!"


On a recent trip to Lowe's with Layla we purchased a bird feeder. The Lowe's lady said if I get the "normal" bird feeders and seed it will attract pigeons, which is not a good idea. She directed me to a hummingbird feeder as a good solution. I've seen hummingbirds in the neighborhood so I know they are around. We hung it on the back patio by replacing the temperature gauge. Looks great to me! Now all we need is a sign and some advertising so the hummingbirds know we are open for business.


I took the twins out for the evening so Kendra could bake and get ready for our guests. Layla asked to wear her ballerina outfit and fairy wings. Why not? All I required was a long sleeved undershirt because the temperature drops a few degrees after the sun goes down.


Easton discovered sub sandwiches and asks for mustard on everything including subs. He survived his birthday haircut and is ready for pictures!


Kendra hung his rocketship art on the wall and he was most excited to show me when I came in the door from work. unfortunately the first thing I noticed was the runny nose and cough. :( There is never a good time to be sick, but we hoped to keep the "well" streak alive through the family visit.

Time to go clean. see you soon!

No comments: