Saturday, December 18, 2010

Winter Gear

Merry Christmas friends and family,

I know Christmas is several days away, but I'm just happy to live in a free country where we can still say Merry Christmas. And I'm happy my blog is not government sanctioned or supported by the Red Cross because then my greeting would be illegal.

Anyway, Today was my first official day of vacation and the next two weeks are going to be filled will all of the things I don't do in a normal work-week. For example... Today I was Uncle Casey's caddy in his disc golf tournament. He placed 4th in the expert league and earned some serious respect among the disc golf masses. Turned out to be a good opportunity to do something active with my bro.

I spent roughly 10 hours in the rain slopping around in the mud while carrying a big umbrella and a big bag of gear. Doesn't sound like much fun for some, but I had a great time. My clothes were warm enough and boots were water proof so I felt like a 3 year old splashing in puddles all day long. Plus I have a whole new respect for caddies and disc golfers.

Easton knows who Mr. Potato Head is because of the Toy Story trilogy. Oma brought home a Santa potato Head for the twins. Layla took him apart and put him back together over and over again like Forest Gump assembling his rifle. Easton took his time removing parts once he figured out everything comes off.


took his time pulling pieces off and then turned him into a Mona Lisa looking character with and ear on top of his head. After a short time he figured out Mr. Potato Head rolls like a ball across the floor when he is fully dismantled. We played "catch" rolling him back and forth, which he enjoyed more than changing the faces.


This is just a random shot of Easton coming around a corner as we played hide-n-seek. The excitement in his face is priceless along with his smile which is bigger than Mr. Potato Head's.


Then the laughter really got out of hand as we ran around the living room chair. It may appear Layla wears her tutu every day and that's because she does. Every day she begs to wear the ballerina outfit.


Kendra told me ballerina have terribly deformed feet as a result of standing on wood blocks in their shoes. That is a real big deterrent from me promoting "professional ballerina" as the top career prospect. She's not even 3 years old yet so she can pretend to be anything she likes for a long time to come.

Easton is working on his Popeye look. We'll start forearm and calf training next year, but he has the facial expression down.


We're fully stocked on winter gear in preparation for the big Snow Day 2010 next week. Easton and Layla have gloves and hats and boots. However, they don't have a clue what snow is. Kendra and I are more excited than the twins because we want to watch them experience snow for the first time. It's guaranteed to be a real crowd pleaser, but I hope their Arizona pea-soup blood allows them to focus on the fun of the day instead of the below freezing temperatures.

We had a test run of the mittens in the driveway just to make sure they fit.


The Christmas tree is bulging with presents for the twins now that Kendra wrapped them all. I am surprised no premature unwrapping has occurred, but then again we still have 7 days left. Our plans are to make them wait until Christmas morning to unwrap the presents. My family tradition was for Christmas Eve, but it doesn't really matter to me at all. I'm just grateful for the time with family and blessings of what we have.

See you soon!

No comments: