Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Family Reunion

Howdy friends and family,

The vacation is developing into a much broader group of people we are able to see. Uncle Larry's 65th birthday turned out to be a full fledged family reunion. Here's my Mom with Bysie and Larry the birthday boy. Unfortunately Wayne wasn't able to make it to have the complete set of aunts and uncles, but the timing worked out for all of us to hang out for a few hours so I'm happy to have the family gathering and appreciate who WAS there.


We took time to get a picture of the 4 Webbs, of course.


Here is my long lost cousin Travis who I haven't seen since before they had kids. That's a lot of years, but the timing never worked out for them to be in town the same days as us.


He was the closest cousin to my age growing up. In an odd twist of fait his family has the closest relationship with my brother's and I'm glad they are able to have such experiences. I wasn't able to get a picture of my cousin Jenny and her family, but we had the chance to meet her kids for the first time as well that day.

Easton and Layla are both still sick so we are allowing more "down time" to watch Nana's kid-friendly videos and snuggle with the monkey and bear from Aunt Mary.


Living out of a suitcase isn't all that bad though I think Easton and Layla are taking it way too literally. This is just a small example of how we took over every spare inch of Nana and Papa's house.


The most fun thing about staying with them is the sand box. If nothing else is going on then the sand box is the logical choice where to find the twins. Nana is more than happy to join in the digging and getting her hands dirty... literally.


and here we are again at the sand box, but this time hanging out with Daphne. She's really good about showing love and posing so I took the opportunity to capture the moment.


Easton is more excited about the vast amount of construction equipment than the forests on the horizon we pass regularly as we drive. Layla seems to be really enjoying the greenery of the Ozarks even what is seen just outside of the front door.


She is also enamored with Waggles. I've never seen a dog sit like a squirrel so well, but he pulls it off well.


We called Layla "Flopsy Mopsy" on this day because her pig tails were uneven and bounced around like springs.


Layla shared her fairy stickers with Nana who wore them all day long on her shirt.


Easton and Layla don't look very lively in the next picture with me, but I didn't take it personally. They were eating snacks and still feeling sick so any attempt at getting them to smile just aggravated them. We still played with blocks and built a garage just the same though.


We were a part of the baby dedication for Joanie's youngest, Trinity, which my Dad conducted. I forgot to bring my camera though so I'll have to wait for my Joanie's memory card before I get pictures from that heart-warming event. Also, I setup Eli and Silas with a model rocket, which turned out to be one of the most fun times so far. The climactic moment of the outing was watching Easton push the button to blast the rocket into the air.

See you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I am having just as much fun as the 4 Webbs! Thank you, thank you for posting these pictures and blogs Bronson! Watching you guys having a blast in Missouri is awesome! Love to everyone especially your sweet Mama! Oma :)

The Four Webbs said...

Thanks for the feedback, Oma! blogging on my laptop takes about twice as long as it does from my home PC, but I still get time every few days. We wait for you to visit us in a couple of weeks.