Wednesday, September 29, 2010

finally little people

Hey friends and family,

We are geared up and ready to visit my family in Missouri. One of the many things left to do before flying with the twins is to get child-friendly headphones. I'm amazed by the lack of options at Best Buy and target. It seems there is nothing between $100 huge, professional headphones and the $4.50 pink, plasticy versions. They are so cheap there is barely any packaging not to mention longevity. I predict Layla would break them in half before the opening credits of Shrek are over.

I can't even begin to describe the relief I feel to take a vacation from work. Usually when i take just a long weekend all of my work stays on my plate and on my mind. Not this time! I shifted all of my work to others on my team so I will do my best to not check into work (or think about it).

Easton and Layla are going through a growth spurt right now. We believe this to be true because they are eating more than normal and napping more frequently than their usual every other day.

For Easton we are working to improve his focus and confidence. He's starting to figure out that he doesn't have to let Layla be in charge all of the time or take his toys. Today he jumped into the pool from the side all by himelf for the first time. He's getting braver every day to try things like this.

For Layla we are working to reduce the stubbornness and disobedience. She occasionally disrespects Kendra or I by folding her arms and pursing her lips followed by repeated saying, "no" to every question or comment. It's so difficult not to laugh when these personality traits pop up because the twins are so fun to watch as they figure all of this out.

I've only got a few minutes to blog tonight which is just as well because I only have a few pictures. Because it is still blazing hot here Kendra took the twins to the Bounce House for some indoor activity.

This picture in particular shows how grown-up the twins look.


And Layla's features are becoming more pronounced every day.


And she has NO fear. She never lets anything get between her and good old-fashioned play time fun.


Easton is a still a little apprehensive about the big-boy slides, but luckily Daniel is there to give him a word of encouragement.


What are friends for, right?

The 4 Webbs jumped on Skype tonight with Oma and Opa. We miss them more than they miss us, but I know they will debate me on that point... There is a distant light at the end of the tunnel because we get to share Halloween costume fun during their visit to come see us in a month. The fun never stops and I'm perfectly fine with that.

See you soon!

No comments: