Monday, September 6, 2010

back to back

Greetings friends and family,

Life has a funny way of feeling out of control at times. Oddly enough, the most stable things in our lives for the past week were Easton and Layla. I won't get started on my rant about making so many commitments that there is no tolerance for the unexpected. However, i will say we just finished the busiest weekend in the past 2 years. The unexpected wrench in our weekend was my back injury. I'm not sure how long it was brewing from weight training and martial arts, but it "popped" on Friday night. I've been in bed or at least lying down for the past 3 days.

I did my best to entertain and play with the twins so Kendra could focus on her plans. Luckily I didn't loose any quality time with them as a result of the injury. One example of how I was able to interact with them even lying down is when they lined up their cars and airplanes all down my stomach. We had some great times playing with Easton's vehicles.


However, it isn't conducive for helping out around the house so Kendra had to take care of the twins, keep her commitments, and take care of me all at the same time. Poor Kendra...

She has been planning for months and several things just happened to land on the same weekend. The most intense event was a baby shower for our friends Marisue and Scott and 50 other ladies. Well, not so much for Scott because it was a girls-only event. Really the shower was for their expected twin boys, Daniel and Dean, who will arrive in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, Kendra did an awesome job of planning and hosting. She was very pleased with the results. I always wondered, "why people take pictures of the "spread" for parties like this" because I prefer pictures of people. Well, now I know the answer! It is because people put SO much time and effort into it, the food and display are almost like an artist's painting. Kendra baked 68 cupcakes and displayed them like a professional.


Of course nothing this extravagant is pulled off by a single person, even my super-hero wife. April, Laura, and Tam were major players in the success story. Here's Tam and Kendra being their happy, fun selves even in the midst of chaos.


It is no small coincidence we see Kendra doing the robot dance


and Layla doing the same dance. We all know who gives the dance lessons around the Webb house!


Easton's idea of dancing involves running around in circles to the point of dizziness. He is funny and she is graceful. That sums them up in more ways than just dancing!




If you follow the 4 Webb's blog regularly then you probably noticed there are many pictures of Layla in the princess dress. She was given that dress by her cousin, Alana, and asks for it every single day. If Layla had but one outfit in the entire closet and it was that dress, she wouldn't complain or ask for anything else to wear.


Sometimes she wears the princess shoes and ring and tiara and holds princess wand, but it always starts with the dress. Sometimes when she has the wand she'll walk by and touch me gently on the head with it and say, "Wish granted!"

This morning I had the not-so-bright idea to go to a park after breakfast. I thought if we get there early enough it won't be hot. That idea didn't work out so well because it was 95 degrees at 8:30 this morning so the trip to the park was short. Layla had enough time to turn the adventure into a money-making scheme by selling pretend ice cream to Mommy. How entrepreneurial of her.


Easton spent his time pretending to be a dinosaur stuck in the sand as he called for help.


His imagination is very deep. His desire to be creative is one of the things I don't possess, but hope he develops.

One final picture of Easton showing his happy smile. It's not like we let him run around in a diaper through Wal-mart, but at home we're working on transition to his Buzz Lightyear drawers.




Maybe by his 3rd birthday? I sure hope so.

Time to go lay down again since I used up all of my vertical time blogging tonight. :)

See you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eek-So sorry about your back. Hope you're up to speed again soon. Miss you all. Glad you'll be here soon. It's just been too long.--joanie

The Four Webbs said...

Thanks for the well-wishes, sister. My back will be in tip top shape again hopefully by next week, but certainly before our adventures with you guys. The countdown timer officially switched from weeks to days and we are excited to be there soon.