Friday, September 18, 2009

sunrise

Yesterday my friend David coaxed me out of bed before the sun came up so we could get in one last mountain bike ride before I leave town. Here's what a sunrise in the desert looks like:


The ride was well worth the early morning wake up. Today Kendra woke the twins up early to go for a jog and try her best to shift their nap schedule to an earlier time so they (hopefully) will sleep before we get on the plane. We have their birth certificates printed and packed so thanks to Michaela for the reminder.

Last night the weather cooled down below 100 by 6:00 PM so we celebrated by pushing the twins to the local park for some slide and swing time. Easton is becoming very brave about going down the slides all by himself.


Layla loves hats and hair bands, but only for a short amount of time. Luckily I was fast enough with my camera to catch her with the red bow in her hair.


She is always ready for taking pictures though. All I have to do is point the camera at her say, "smile, Layla!" and she will freeze and pose for the picture. She's well prepared for the spotlight should she choose to be highly visible to the public in her career choice.


With a smile like that and her energetic personality, I'm sure the world will be her oyster.

Tomorrow is national, "talk like a pirate day". Unfortunately I'm heading to Missouri where I'll have to resurrect my redneck hillbilly nature to speak with the natives. Not many pirates in Missouri, ya know...

Arrrrrrrgh! See you soon!

1 comment:

Nick and Marianne said...

Good luck with everything in the morning! Hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip and we will see you soon.