Sunday, September 13, 2009

Haircut and Flip Flops

Hello hello,

We made the most of our weekend together as the 4 Webbs. I spent every waking moment since Friday afternoon with the twins and Kendra with the exception of church this morning.

Easton's First Haircut

If I had my way, Easton would let his hair keep growing longer for many more months. Every night after bath time I comb his hair over to right as it follow the natural swirl emanating from the crown of his head. However, I didn’t get my way… Kendra wants Easton to look like an upstanding citizen of the community for our family portrait in Missouri.

So we paid $18 (gasp, choke) for a haircut at a kid-friendly place. I almost fell out of my chair when she told me how much it was going to cost. Based on his new “look” I have to say Kendra attempted to get our money’s worth by cutting of most of his hair. I stayed home with Layla so I had to hear the stories second hand. According to Kendra, Easton cried and struggled to get down from her lap the entire time. It was a forceful hair and I hope it didn’t cause too much emotional trauma for the poor guy. Now if someone says the words, “hair cut” he lowers his brow frowns. Awwwwwe. At least he had his teddy bear.


The consolation prize for surviving the experience was a certificate with a lock of hair to commemorate the event and a dum-dum lollipop. The twins have never tasted a lollipop before so it was indeed a treat for Easton. You can still see the tears in his eyes, but at least he’s smiling!


Puppy On

Each time we take the twins out of the house we get excited for them about wearing the puppy harness. Now they ask for it by name every time we get in the car by asking, “puppy on?” and we say, “yes, we will put your puppy on when reach our destination”. Even when we went into Costco and they spent the entire time in the cart, Easton still wanted his puppy on. See how proud he is to have his puppy on?


Tigers and Bears

The twins have tiger and bear hats as souvenirs from the zoo trip in California. Kendra hung them on the back of their door and after their nap today Easton asked for them by name. Of course, we were more than happy for them to have something relatively new to play with.

I wish I would have been in video mode to capture Easton’s ferocious “roaaaaar” like a tiger. This picture will have to suffice.


You can barely see the red mark in the middle of his forehead. That is from falling on the sidewalk today as we walked between stores in the shopping center. He has really great reflexes, but once in a while his hands aren’t fast enough to brace himself before smacking the ground. He did the same thing tonight as the twins helped me wash the car. He tripped over the hose and hit his head on the nerf bar of the Pilot. He’ll figure it out eventually!

The twins are learning to share even though it is a daily struggle for us to teach them this important concept. Easton is sharing very well by attempting to put the bear hat on Layla’s head.


This next picture of Layla just melts my heart. She is transforming from a baby into a beautiful little girl more every day. Some days are more noticeable than others.


She has her sippy cup in one hand, a roll in the other and a bear hat on her head. What a combination.

Flip flops

For some strange reason my flip flops were not put away neatly in our closet as I normally do so consistently (Kendra is rolling her eyes right now). Oma and Opa were graciously spending time with us on Skype before bedtime. Out of nowhere, Layla put her feet in my size 9 flip flops and began to walk around!

Here’s a short video clip of her new ability.



She looked like she was snowshoeing, but did an outstanding job of figuring out how to walk and keep her balance.

Spoon fed

I noticed real progress today in the area of eating with a spoon. Kendra’s desire to have them eat like proper children is a noble cause, but I don’t share the same level of expectations (yet) as she does. This is a perfect example of “setting expectations” for kids, which models how my parents did extremely well with me and my siblings in this area.

If you have no expectations of your children, they WILL meet them. The thought of 18 month old toddlers feeding themselves with a spoon never crossed my mind, but here’s video to prove it is possible.



It may even be “normal” at this age, but that’s why Kendra is a great mom… She certainly knows how to raise these twins. I'm just along for the ride and learning as I go.

Have an excellent week and come back again soon!

No comments: