Saturday, August 11, 2012

More Videos, Please

Greetings friends and family,

I had the pleasure of Skype calling my best friend in France.  We talked for over an hour.  He and my cousin Bud are the only two guys I can talk for that long at a time.  I planned to visit him in France during my sabbatical next year, but since he's repatriating (moving home) by the end of this year I won't be able to go see him there.  However, on the positive side, he'll be a short plane ride away and we've already agreed he and his family will come visit us in Phoenix next year.

During our phone call he had some constructive criticism of this blog.  I value that feedback very much.  He said it is easy to see Layla's personality in the stories and pictures because she is so expressive, but it's tough to get a real grasp on Easton's personality.  "More videos", he suggested.  So, here are a few from this year where Easton gets some air time.

Sorry about the poor quality, but this was taken by the Fisher Price indestructible kid's camera.



Here is a video of our drive out to the camp site for the father-son camping trip.  He's very considerate and a deep thinker.



He wants to go see Aunt Mary so he can experience a tornado.  I bet Storm Chasers will be one of his favorite shows when he gets older.


I had a fun evening watching all of the past year's worth of videos searching for Easton highlights. I'm grateful for the privilege Kendra and I have to be a part of Easton and Layla's life like this.  Watching them grow and learn is one of the most rewarding things I've ever done.

See you soon!

No comments: