Saturday, August 11, 2012

Happy 10th Anniversary, Wife!

Hello Kendra,

My blog is filled with four and half years of openness to the world about our family.  The target audience is almost always friends and family who care about us and want to journey with us through life.  Today this is just for you.

You know this, but just to put it down officially I want to answer the question, "When did I know you were the one for me?".  You knew I was a dating other girls when we met.  You said I can either date you exclusively or else you would not see me anymore.  For the first time I had to consider what would life be like without you?  Even though we met only a few weeks earlier I imagined the wonderful life we could have together.  I imagined waking up to you every morning and the happiness you bring to me through the day. I imagined building a family and a solid foundation based on our similar beliefs and hopes and dreams.  I also knew if i let you go that you'd always be "the one that got away" and I'd never find another woman as perfect for me as you are.

I'm amazed at your persistence in patiently waiting outside my emotional cave where I hid.  One of us had to believe our marriage would be better.  One of us had to visualize it as healthy before it actually was truth.   You had faith, believing before seeing.

You are my best friend, my lover, my adventurer, and my beauty.  Thank you for ten extraordinary years.  I enjoyed our evening together although I know it was not what you expected.  The Melting Pot was delicious and laughing our way through dinner was a great way to celebrate.



After dinner we drove to Fountain Hills where Judi and Roger live.  Their willingness to mentor you over the past few years is the main reason we reached our tenth anniversary.  You opened my gift, which was a framed certificate of the resolution from Courageous, the movie.  Judi and Roger both signed as witnesses while I read aloud the promises of my commitment:

THE RESOLUTION

I DO solemnly resolve before God to take full responsibility for myself, my wife, and my children.
I WILL love them, protect them, serve them, and teach them the Word of God as the spiritual leader of my home.
I WILL be faithful to my wife, to love and honor her, and be willing to lay down my life for her as Jesus Christ did for me.
I WILL bless my children and teach them to love God with all of their hearts, all of their minds, and all of their strength.
I WILL train them to honor authority and live responsibly.
I WILL confront evil, pursue justice, and love mercy.
I WILL pray for others and treat them with kindness, respect, and compassion.
I WILL work diligently to provide for the needs of my family.
I WILL forgive those who have wronged me and reconcile with those I have wronged.
I WILL learn from my mistakes, repent of my sins, and walk with integrity as a man answerable to God.
I WILL seek to honor God, be faithful to His church, obey His Word, and do His will.
I WILL courageously work with the strength God provides to fulfill this resolution for the rest of my life and for His glory.


These are strong words and I take them very seriously.  I look forward to the next few decades when I will have the opportunity to prove myself as your Super Hero and treat you as my princess.


I love you,
Bronson

No comments: