Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Family Portraits

Greetings friends family,

We rounded up the troops and headed down to the river... for family portraits!  Considering how we swim almost every day I bet you thought we were red-neck floating in the river.  We made the usual stops for hand-picked black berries and observing odd bugs along the way.  The picture of us holding hands is as impromptu as the others.  I used my standard technique of photography:  Take so many pictures that one of them turns out OK. Mom was kind enough to take on the photographer responsibilities.


Family photos where all four of us are looking at the camera are finally a valid expectation.  For years I've struggled with accepting 3 out of 4 Webbs looking at the camera.  Easton and Layla are able to sit still and look into the camera with a lovely smile long enough to take a few pictures...  finally.


More importantly than their ability to look at the camera and smile, they really are happy and carefree.  Layla's pose is completely her idea, but Easton's smile may be slightly contrived.


Since the first day we arrived and for the next seven weeks of living here it's Ouma time, all the time.  There is a certain peace I experience when leaving the house knowing the twins are taken care of by Ouma.   I don't feel bad about going to work or date night or any other spur of the moment outing.  They've had an awesome time just living daily life with Ouma and Oupa.


There aren't many pictures from the past few years of Kendra and I by ourselves.  We spend so much time together, but rarely have a third adult around who is interested in taking pictures.  I have a feeling that will all change when Easton and Layla get old enough to become real photographers.


One of the best successes of the portrait shoot is Mom finding her Facebook profile picture and actually liking a few of the pics.  Kendra is very much like her Mom in many different ways and I'm perfectly happy with that.


We stopped by GG's house the crown jewels of my family portrait day.  Capturing all four generations of lovely ladies was on the top of my "to do" list during this trip.  I didn't get much time with my Grandmas on either side and never knew my Great Grandmas at all.  I'm overjoyed Layla is able to have the three generations of influence in her life.


this one specifically is important because we have all four generations in order.  I'm excited to watch as Layla grows to fit into this picture as an adult.


We are ten days away from celebrating our 10th anniversary.  Watching 4 years fly by with Easton and Layla is one milestone to look back on, but realizing ten years have gone by since our wedding is hard to believe.  It feels like maybe 5 years have gone by.  I hear life is like a roll of toilet paper.  The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes.  I'm excited for the next few days as we celebrate our accomplishment in style.

See you soon!

No comments: