Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pigeons

Howdy friends and family,

My Mom and Dad will arrive on Thursday to celebrate my birthday.  OK, I'm sure they are coming for many other reason's, but my birthday just happens to coincide with their visit.   I watched last night's Daytona race with more interest than usual because Dad and I have tickets to see Nascar this Sunday as they roar through Phoenix.  I'm really looking forward to that.  Some day Easton will be able to handle the noise and posses the patience required to enjoy a Nascar race.  However, until he can survive the noise of an auto-flushing toilet without covering his ears, I'm leaving him at home.   

The twins and I went for a bike ride to the park and green belt for play time and owl hunting.  Owls are still a hot topic around our house ever since we saw Hootie for the first time.  They chased a loft of pigeons (no, it's not called a flock) several times down the green belt.  Layla provided the visual shock and awe by running through them as Easton screamed like a Banshee for the aural impact.   Those birds didn't stand a chance.  

The birds settled quickly again a few yards away, which gave the twins a chance to catch their breath then repeat the cycle.  

After a few cycles of that they turned on me and I took the brunt of a one-two TWINPACT hug 


I had my camera phone ready to capture the next pigeon assault, but instead captured them smothering me with powerful hugs.  Easton really wanted to wear his Buzz Lightyear knee pads and I'm a big fan of safety, so why not?  He wore them as a fashion statement because four-year-olds are too enthralled by the cartoon characters to be worried about what piece of equipment they are on.  He'll always be cool in my book.  I'd wear knee pads with him if they made an adult size set!  Please don't find them on eBay and send them for my birthday though...  I'm speaking metaphorically.  :)


I'm attending a 3-day training class for work, reading a book for my mentoring group, mentoring 9 guys, preparing for my PMP certification, and occasionally sleeping.  Somewhere in there I spend a couple of hours each night with Easton and Layla until 8:00 and then with Kendra when we find a spare hour or two here and there.

One of Kendra's friends came over with newly painted fingernails.  I asked Layla if she wanted her fingernails painted and I already knew the answer would be yes.  We watched a little bit of Tangled while I struggled to apply the polish.  It feels like I'm painting Mona Lisa on the head of pin because her fingers are so tiny.  It truly is "effort" that counts more than results.  Thank God.


Time to bury my nose in the books...  the many, many books.

See you soon!
Bronson

No comments: