Sunday, August 29, 2010

Double Rainbow

Hi friends and family,

The interesting part about my taking a 2 hour nap is how I go to bed 4 hours later than normal that night. Counter-productive, don't you think? I'm just thankful Easton and Layla took their nap so I could join them.

The 4 Webbs are almost back to healthy, but Kendra and Layla are still suffering with a runny nose while Easton has a slight fever and a froggy voice. Thankfully, I'm still healthy and able to help out. Tomorrow morning I will head out for work and wish Kendra the best of luck with taking care of twins all day.

The weekend was difficult mostly due to dealing with the viral bug manifesting itself in shorter-than-normal tempers and crankiness. Other than that I consider it a success. Kendra and I had a list of 20 things to get done. Now that the weekend is over we have the same 20 things on our list plus a few more. My goal is always to shorten the list on the weekend, but as you know sometimes plans don't work the way we expect.

Double rainbow means double blessing
On the happy side of things we experienced a double rainbow after a huge thunderstorm rolled through the valley. When the twins awoke from their nap I rushed them through snack time and out the door to potentially play in the rain. We missed the rain, but made it in time for the great show in the sky (rainbows) and puddles.

You can barely see the second, outer rainbow in this picture, but it was much more profound in real-life.


The house in the picture is our "old" house where Kendra got pregnant and we just found out the new owners are expecting twin girls! Must be something in the water? We will give them some toys and gifts because we know better than anyone what they are going through right now.

I only captured one rainbow in this next picture, but both Easton and Layla so the most important elements exist.


The event was so unique and interesting that all of our neighbors came out to see and hear it. I mean every single neighbor in our court, too... As we were busy talking to everyone Easton and Layla were literally running through the streets. Kendra was a little unhappy when they started splashing in the puddles, but I convinced her to let them continue. We are a great parenting team because we provide balance for each other.

As a consequence of my allowance for Easton and Layla to run wild for a few minutes, Easton fell flat on the pavement a few times because he was running faster than his feet would carry him. The black smudges on his nose and knees are pavement!


He never cried or even stopped his play time to acknowledge the scratches. Besides, one bath later and he was as good as new! On a side note... I think Easton looks so much like his cousin Silas it's scary. My camera will be on full alert while we are in Missouri next month so I can get some pictures with the two of them together.

Ice Cream Cones
Kendra bought a box of ice cream cones and placed them at eye-level for Easton and Layla in the pantry. The twins have ice cream cone memories from last month at their cousin's birthday party so they knew exactly what the cones were for. Then Kendra bought ice cream and we were entertained by watching them attempt to eat it. Layla thought she was super messy with her white moustache


But Easton took home the trophy that day for messiest eater.


What I'm working on
My next project related to the blog is for Easton. I'm cataloging (sifting through) 15,000+ pictures from the past 30 months to find every one with Easton's face. Then I'll crop each one down to just his face and do a time-lapse morph to see the changes and progress.

I have no idea if it will even work, but it seems really cool when I imagine how it will look. I'm still missing the right song to match with it, but have a few ideas. I've already started working on the project, but this will probably take about 3 months to do it right. Nothing wrong with trying though so we'll see how it goes!

As a final bit of humor, here is a video clip showing a typical dinner at Oma and Opa's house. They are so involved with Eastona and Layla when we get together. We had as much fun watching the twins as they did participating.



Happy Monday to you all and I'll see you soon.

No comments: