Saturday, August 21, 2010

back in action

Hey friends and family,

I want to send out a big thank you to Oma for mailing my camera battery and charger. For someone who is used to taking pictures every day and blogging almost every other day I was going through withdraws. Luckily Layla's camera battery held out log enough to capture a few moments.

Our weekend is swell so far with only a minor mishap resulting in a double technical foul on Easton and Layla for biting each other. I just can't figure out what it will take to stop them from biting... All of the discipline we've dealt out in copious amounts is obviously failing. Maybe we just need time. I hope.

The rest of the days are spent as best friends even in close quarters stuffed into a box full of balls.


Kendra and I went on spring cleaning rampage so the box in the picture above is going bye-bye. I finally unpacked my suitcase (mostly). Kendra gave me a direct order on the day we arrived home. She said I must have it unpacked within a week. Call me Mr. Procrastinator, huh.

My only excuse for belaboring the suitcase issue is that I spent my free time hanging out with the twins. They are in transition between the high chairs and their kid-sized table.


They are still relegated to the high chair for meals though. Especially really messy ones like spaghetti. Kendra is getting the itch to have family meals together at a real table instead of our kitchen island. She's also planning big changes in the kids sleeping situation. We may buy the conversion kits for their cribs to turn them into toddler beds or we may get a trundle bed. I'm not sure what prompted Kendra's recent desire to get the kids into bigger beds, but I trust her judgment on timing. If it were up to me I would not transition them until their feet were sticking out of the end of the crib.

Part of my (incorrect) reasoning is that Easton has always slept with his head smashed up against the bumper of his crib even though he has plenty of unused bed space at the other end.


Nap times at the Casa de Webb haven't been smooth at all. They either take no nap or a very late nap after bouncing around in their crib for an hour. Here is what I walked into today:



We're rethinking our strategy because waking them up for dinner after a short, late nap is not fun. Although I took a nap at the same time as them today so there is one advantage. Easton and I woke up slowly together as we were sitting dazed on the couch.


By the way, Layla took that picture of us. She finally figured out how to point the camera at people and hold the button down. I expect we will get more pictures of people now and less pictures of the carpet from her camera.

She also had a laugh-out-loud time taking pictures of Kendra cooking in the kitchen. Of course, Kendra is fun enough to play along and make silly faces.


The only blog-worthy picture Layla took of me is this one.


The rest of mine look ridiculous and I don't want pictures of me with my finger up my nose appearing on facebook.

Here's the fort, I mean castle, I built for the twins. I gave them flashlights and you would think we transported them to another planet based on their imaginative scenarios and stories.



Kendra cut Layla's hair a few days ago. There were no pictures of the event, only a side story the day after it happened. That was the first official hair cut for Layla... ever. It took her 30 months to grow hair long enough to warrant a hair cut! We'll have to put that in a personal journal somewhere for Layla so her expectations of her own daughter are set correctly.

Playing hide-and-seek is becoming part of the daily routine. The funniest part of this video clip is when I pretend to be stuck as I'm counting to 10. They pipe up to tell me 7 comes after 6 and completely blow their covert hiding place under the blanket.



See you soon!

No comments: