Wednesday, August 25, 2010

on your mark

Hi Friends and family,

Easton and Layla are blessed with health more than any other toddlers I've ever heard of. At the risk of jinxing the 4 Webbs... Easton and Layla have been sick so few times that I can count them on one hand. We've never been to the emergency room (other than the one time Easton's fever was high and I was paranoid). Yes, I know there will be sickness occasionally and eventually we may have to take an unplanned trip to the hospital. However, I count it as an extreme success for us to have twin two-and-a-half year olds and very few snotty noses or incidents.

I am reiterating the sickness frequency details because many of my friend's children are sick every other day and sometimes for weeks at a time. I know there are many other variables in play such as day care vs. stay at home and individual differences in heredity, etc. That being said, Layla has a fever and a runny nose including frequent snot bubbles, infrequent outbursts of crankiness, and trouble breathing while she sleeps.


I feel so bad for my beautiful princess... My heart also goes out to Kendra who spent the entire 12-hour awake time today keeping up with the overly needy Layla.

When I was home for a couple of hours in the afternoon I did my best to keep them occupied and wear down their batteries. One of my strategies was to let them race back and forth across the length of our house pushing the dump trucks. From the front door...


to the back door.


and repeat about 18 times. They finally understand the timing of, "On your mark, get set, GO!", which makes it much more exciting for me as well. They race across the house giggling and barely make it to the other end without falling over sideways from laughing so much. As you can see Easton is all smiles, but Layla is a little off her game.

We have a huge weekend planned so it should be extra interesting if we need to care for Layla's fever by shuffling around our schedules.

No comments: