Thursday, July 29, 2010

cousin or uncle?

Howdy friends and family,

I happily worked the day away talking on the phone and playing on the computer. I'm not being facetious either... That's what they pay me to do, honest. Kendra met up with her cousin for a fun-in-the-sun play date.


They stopped running around like crazy long enough to eat a snack so I'm guessing that's why we have this picture on the camera and not a blur of shapeless kids as they pass in front of the camera.

Kendra said they had an excellent day playing with cousins Alana and Braden. A new experience for Easton and Layla was to play under the tent Alana created in the backyard. They thought this was so adventurous and cool. Any time the activity involves laying down and a blanket or cover, Easton relates that to sleepy time so he's sucking his thumb. And as expected Layla is sitting up showing her intensity and expressions.


The highlight of my day besides coming home to Kendra and Easton and Layla was spending the evening with MY cousin, Bud. kendra and I couldn't figure out how to describe him for the twins because although he is technically their cousin, they associate that with little kids. He's not actually their uncle, but that term seemed to be more in line with what they understand about grown-up relatives.

Either way, the twins treated him as family by greeting him with big hugs and showing off their outfits and toys. We went for a walk after dinner to wear out Easton and Layla. It was toasty, but none of my AZ friends will have any sympathy for me in comparison. Their faces were really red by the time we came home, but I'm sure they weren't over heated out there running around on the bike trail looking at dead mice.


Bud and I have such a great friendship and relationship in addition to our blood relation. It's always fulfilling to talk with him and even better when we are able to hang out in person. It was a rare opportunity for us to be in the same city at the same time. Much better than Skype, but I'll take what I can get any time.

I packed a few toys and outfits for the twins when I went home last weekend. Part of that includes Easton's Buzz Lightyear outfit, which he loves to wear. You can see the outfit (with pants too long) and the Buzz Lightyear flashlight in his hands, and the Buzz Lightyear cup on the table. He's all Buzzed out!


Layla has the equivalent flashlight with princesses on it (big surprise there). The twins use them to hunt for dinosaurs in the closet and hide from Oma. Very useful tool, indeed.

Life is grand and our adventures with Oma and Opa are exceeding my expectations by far. I'm looking forward to the weekend so I can be a part of the adventures too. :)

See you soon!

No comments: