Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Beginnings and Ends

Greetings family!

The 4 Webbs are in a bit of a blackout period on social media and blogging while we assess our life and future.  So many great things are happening that it's hard to keep up with the developments, but we are experiencing the full range of emotions as we work through what's about to happen. 


Neill and Jenny spent a week with us and it was awesome, as always.  Neill met with the men of our church fellowship separately, then Jenny met with the women, then we had a full family gathering on Saturday night. On Sunday, Alaysha and Kendra went with them to minister at a local church.  I stayed home with the twins because they were sick, but it all worked out in the end.  I'm grateful for the chance to discuss questions I have and watch as they disciple.  I've learned so much from them over the years.  I appreciate their influence and willingness to openly discuss the things of life and Godliness.



In other news...  Kendra is cancer-free!  Her second round of MRI and CAT scans show no new areas of concern and her body continues to heal.  We met with her oncologist who gave her the great news and then she sent us away to go live life to the fullest.  Kendra will continue to be on maintenance medications and IV drips and rescanning every 6 months, but as far as the hospital is concerned, she's done!



Kendra and I took a trip out of town for 4 days.  Alaysha took care of Easton and Layla while we were away.  That was her first time to be responsible for kids for so long.  She did very well considering the mischief and attitudes she endured.  When we arrived home they had a sign for us with cupcakes they made. 



We had a van.  It broke so badly that it would cost half the price of the vehicle to repair it so I sold the van.  now we are car-less.  There are worse things in life...  :)  I bought a brand new Honda Odyssey, but the electrical wiring couldn't be fixed before I took possession so I cancelled the contract and now we still have no car.  So long, old battle wagon! 



Having only one car is the lest of our concerns right now.  The next six weeks will definitely be the most adventurous of our entire life.  Prepare for take off!

tomorrow I start my 4 week paid vacation sabbatical.  That's all i can say right now, but it's a start...

No comments: