Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Music in the Air


Hi friends and family,

I may change my name to Bron$on because apparently all one needs is a clever name like Ke$ha or lil' something and a microphone to become rich and famous.  Now that I think about it, maybe now is the time to rename Ea$ton so he's already on the cutting edge when his career kicks into high gear.

Today in the car we were listening to the classical station.  Layla calls it "fancy music".  No argument here.  They've seen enough Little Einstein to know what the terms forte and pianissimo mean.  As the music plays we discuss what instruments they hear.  One of the supposed reasons why classical music is good for kids is because they learn to differentiate the individual instruments in the midst of an orchestral sound.

Easton's favorite instrument is the flute and he is already declaring he will learn to play one.  Layla chose the piano as her favorite.  I'm looking for the right time to introduce an instrument to the twins AND to find out which one is a good first experience.

Anyway, life is going well for the 4 Webbs and we have no complaints.  Kendra sheds a few tears of joy and gratitude almost daily for our new home.  The gratitude is also prevalent for Layla.  Tonight for bedtime she went through a whole list of things she loves.  She said, "I love my polly pocket house I love my princess castle I love my... this thing."  as she points to her headboard.  I removed all punctuation in her quote because she doesn't pause even one nanosecond during her run-on sentences.  Makes my heart happy when she does those cute things.

I sing Layla and Easton bedtime songs every single night since before they were born.  Yes, I sang to them in Kendra's belly...  Layla and I have a routine.  I say, "I'll sing one song for you".  She responds with her sweetest voice, "Three, daddy, pleeeeeeease?"  then I agree to two songs and she chooses the songs.  Tonight Amazing Grace was on the playlist, but something wonderful happened.  Layla said, "Don't start yet!  Let's sing it together, OK?"  We sang our first duet and by the end of the song she was belting it out as loud as she could with a soulful twist.  I've been waiting for this day for over 3 years.  I'm thrilled she chose to sing along with me and her choice of Amazing Grace was the icing on the cake.

We lost the small point-n-shoot camera somewhere in the move.  That means we're left with the monstrous DSLR and my crummy iphone 4s camera.  Since I can't lug around a suitcase to carry the DSLR during church you'll have to make due with the iPhone picture.  In the foyer of the church stands a tall, fully decorated tree so I took the opportunity to take a few pictures.  


Our tree is as decorated as its going to get this year. We're budgeting to buy a truck-load of after Christmas items such as a fake tree, lights, ornaments, and other Christmas-y nick-knacks.  This is the first year the twins are genuinely excited about Christmas and presents and family.  Last year was fun even though they were only vaguely aware of what was going on.  This year is going to be awesome. I can't wait to play with Easton's new toys...  I mean for Easton to play with his new toys.  :)

The word on the street is that Ouma and Oupa are driving to our house in two weeks.  They may be bringing additional carolers named GG and Aunt Patti.  Kendra and I are excited for whoever and how ever many come to visit.

See you soon!

No comments: