Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Indian Food

Greetings friends and family,

I am having the time of my life while being pushed to the limits of my capabilities.

Husband
Dad
Coverage for my boss at work
My corporate day job
Church - preparation for delivering the Sunday message with Kendra
Church - develop and present the annual business meeting financial review
Church - create and approve the 2015 budget
Church - train our ministry leadership team
Caretaker of Kendra while her back is out of whack
Caretaker of the house and kids because of Kendra's restrictions
Oh, and occasionally i get to sleep, but apparently that is optional to a certain extent. This is why i've been working from sun up 'til midnight or later for the last few weeks.

i would probably dread every day if I were doing the same mundane thing all day long, but there is no chance for moss to grow under my feet during this season of the year.

The good news is that Kendra's back is healing slowly and she has a little more mobility each day.

On Sunday after church Kendra attended a prayer training event.  The twins and I had no lunch plans.  Our East Indian friends invited us to go to lunch with them at their favorite restaurant.  Easton and Layla had no idea what to expect or what their taste buds would experience.  My friend walked with me as I scooped a couple of samples of everything that was not really spicy.  I sat the plates of unrecognizable stuff in front of the twins.

They spent the next 30 minutes saying things like, "This tastes disgusting!" and "What is that?" and other embarrassing things that we corrected afterwards.   On the van ride home I asked, "What should you do differently next time?   That simple question spawned an entire conversation about table manners and other cultures and how to respond when food is yucky.  We'll see how well this sticks next time we go to indian food...  if there ever is a next time.


Layla liked the Naan bread.  I have no idea what was so special about burnt, puffy flour tortillas, but it seemed to be the highlight of the lunch for the twins.  Maybe it's because the bread and rice were the only recognizable items on the entire buffet?


Mama, thanks for the comment!  Layla hasn't lost a tooth yet.  Her new front tooth is coming in behind her existing one and squeezing the other teeth out of the way.  Her front wiggly tooth is about two weeks away from falling out.  That estimate is based on my extensive experience as a parent of kids losing teeth.  Haha. Three, to be exact...

At Layla's first golf lesson the lead instructor pulled this set out of the back storage room and sold it to me for $20!  Driver, 5W, Hybrid, 7 iron, 9 iron, and Sand wedge.  all pink.  perfectly Layla appropriate.  I offered to take the twins to the green belt to hit golf balls.  The cheers and quick movements towards the door were all good indicators of their desire.  Layla had one golf lesson and a new set of clubs.  She instantly became an expert golfer who excitedly explains the game to us.


She is practically teaching a clinic with every lesson and fact she knows about golf.


Easton's personality was on full display here in this picture.  This is genuine laughter at something silly that I can't even remember.  


He was happy with the distance of his hits before Layla started playing this week.  There were a few times when Layla hit her ball further than him.  He made some whiny comments about Layla being better than him.  He was on the verge of tears and I have no idea why he was so competitive about it.  His swing is coming along nicely though so I don't think Layla will pass him up in golf skills any time soon.


We hit practice balls until the sunlight was almost gone.  Layla is coachable just like Easton.  I'm thankful for that.  there is no attitude of "I don't need your help!"  so I'll continue to do what I can to encourage them with proper swing mechanics.


these next few days won't produce many pictures or stories because Kendra and I will be focused on the other efforts at hand.  Starting Monday I'll be back in full Daddy mode with many adventures to come.

See you soon!

No comments: