Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fall is Here and Gone

Greetings friends and family,

Arizona experienced the one-week of fall where we go from blazes hot to 10 degrees above freezing. We bid a fond farewell to the fall memories and welcome old man winter. Well... At least it seems like winter to us thin-blooded Arizonians. Our mail is already forwarded to the new address so that means our walk to the mailbox is purely for the joy of playing Captain Hook and Jake and Izzie. Guess who is Captain Hook? Me. I capture Izzie and tie her to the mast of my pretend ship. Then Jake comes to save the day with a long sword (stick). He cuts Izzie's ropes then Izzie sprinkles pixie dust on the two of them. They fly away and leave me to be eaten by the crocodile. Add jackets, laughter, and cheers for the hero. That's the recipe for fun at the green belt almost every single day.


I'm not growing a beard on purpose. My laziness and indecision about shaving makes the decision for me. I gotta shave this scruff because my Indian blood only yields a few scraggly hairs across my cheeks.

One evening I needed to run some errands and Kendra needed a break from the twins.  In order to pull off such a feat I had to bribe them with promises of a special treat.  This night I decided to take them to the local coffee shop where we ordered up two mildly hot chocolates.  Easton and Layla really enjoyed the taste, but the ambiance made it extra special.  We sat outside next to the pond and lighted fountain.  Plenty to see and experience.

There were at least 12 people in close proximity all intrigued by our little daddy date.  Then Layla topped off the night by shouting (unprovoked), "Do you know what the best part of the night is?  Spending it with YOU, Daddy".  Every person within ear shot let out an audible, "aweeeeee" and one lady almost broke down in tears as she said, "That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard.  Easton leaned over and gave me a big hug and said, "I love you, Daddy".
  

We will get hot chocolate every time I need a little pick-me-up because it sure worked.  We received the official picture from our vow renewal a few weeks ago.  I like the picture from my camera better than this one, but it was a meaningful occasion either way.  Kendra is the light of my life and as she gets brighter my life becomes more enjoyable.


Speaking of lights...  Kendra is on a mission to find new lighting for several rooms in our house.  According to her research we can only afford Home Depot lights and Lamps Plus is a total rip-off.  Not sure what other options exist, but I'm confident she will find tastefully designed lighting.

The flooring is over half-way done.  This is the kitchen flowing into the dining area flowing into the den.  If I turn around the other way it would show the hallway to three bedrooms, the bathroom, and powder room.  The floors are very dirty and have no grout.  I'm looking forward to seeing a room fully finished because I'm having a difficult time visualizing how it's going to turn out.


Kendra has the interior decorating forward-looking vision so I trust what she sees.  We are still shooting for a November 19th move-in date and we're crossing our fingers everything works out to get into the new house by then.

See you soon!

No comments: