Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Daddy cries too sometimes

Tonight while Kendra was gone I had quite an experience with the twins. We took a bike trip with the Chariot to the neighborhood park which yielded sand and wood chips pouring from their shoes when we arrived home.

Layla dressed in her princess gear told me her plastic heart ring was a wedding ring! I asked who she married and she said, "I will marry YOU, daddy". I showed her my ring and our wedding picture on the wall. Then I described the wedding and party and how we danced. I told her she will need to find a special boy who will treat her like a Lovely Queen.

She thought for a few seconds and then she said, "will you dance with me at MY wedding?". My eyes swelled with tears at the thought of the cleaving process which will occur on that special day and our special dance.

I don't know how I'm supposed to deal with these intense feelings for another 20 years. Fortunately I don't really have to worry about that. All I need to focus on is moments like this and the fun of being everything my sweet princess needs... For now.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: